Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / The Panda Washing machine
darz5150
# Posted: 17 Mar 2024 12:01

We've had a Panda Washing machine for quite a few years now. Happy to report it is still working like new after all these years.
It is AC but can be run off a small inverter without problems.
Glad we bought it.

Nobadays
# Posted: 17 Mar 2024 12:09

Same here!

To winterize... We have a small container with a faucet in the side, fill that with RV Antifreeze, run a fill then spin cycle. This insures no plain water left in the system and the added benefit of putting antifreeze in the drain P-trap. 4 winters so far, still working.

paulz
# Posted: 17 Mar 2024 12:29

Tell me about these. How much of a regular full load do they do? How does it agitate? Come out as clean?

darz5150
# Posted: 17 Mar 2024 14:05 - Edited by: darz5150

The model we have is an xpb45.
A regular laundry basket, about 18 inches round, is usually the size load we do.
I try not to overload it with jeans. Most of the time 2 or 3 pairs with a few t shirts tossed in.
It cleans very well, other wise we would have gotten rid of it. We also use different size laundry bags to keep everything from tangling up, and for more delicate things like underwear, that you don't want stretched out.

gcrank1
# Posted: 17 Mar 2024 14:57

Ah, so that's how underwear gets stretched out.....

Nobadays
# Posted: 17 Mar 2024 18:55 - Edited by: Nobadays

Cleans well but really soiled work pants, not so much. There isn't an agitator it just sloshes back and forth. The spin cycle is incredible! The clothes come out dang near dry!

THIS is the one we have.

paulz
# Posted: 18 Mar 2024 12:04

Quoting: Nobadays
Cleans well but really soiled work pants, not so much.

Thanks guys. I put this behind the cabin earlier this year, freebie from a friend. It has the same difficulty with soiled pants, which describes most of my cabin pants. I don’t think it agitates either, just sort of stops and starts rapidly in the same direction. Does have a “heavy duty” setting I’ve yet to try, doubt it does any difference. I converted the dryer from natural to LP but normally just hang dry above the wood stove.

If it dies I may try a Panda, and hand slosh the jeans.
IMG_2329.jpeg
IMG_2329.jpeg

gcrank1
# Posted: 18 Mar 2024 12:16

Plastic 'wash bin' in the back of the pu truck does the same

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 18 Mar 2024 14:39

Glad that works for you.
I’ve been looking at these all winter after the fiasco at the laundromat last summer. Nobody ever cleans that place. It was the dirtiest I’ve ever seen and I did not feel like cleaning every machine and surface prior to washing and drying our clothing. There is no way to get in touch with the owners so they will send someone over to clean. We had to haul all of the dirty laundry home. Not to mention the extremely dirty clothing some people bring in there because they don’t want to use their washer at home. A few years ago a man dried his oil soaked work clothing in a dryer and caught it on fire. Lots of smoke damage.
I cannot use the automatic because of the plumbing situation. I’m going to buy the one that has two sides, has the wash side and the spin side. Tried the plastic wash bin idea. Still need to rinse and wring. The wringing is not something I’m willing to do because both my grandmothers had to do that and ended up with arthritis in their hands as did most women back then for this same reason.
Buying this washer (if it works out) is going to solve one of the biggest issues I’ve had living in an off grid cabin.

DaveBell
# Posted: 18 Mar 2024 16:49

Quoting: gcrank1
Plastic 'wash bin' in the back of the pu truck does the same

Now that is a great idea, especially on my dirt road.
Go up and down once for wash, then change the water and go again for rinse. LOL
Thanks Gcrank!!

gcrank1
# Posted: 18 Mar 2024 17:47

And if you can find one of the old style clamp on wringers you can squeeze em pretty dry quick.
Lehmans (sp?) out in PA? might have them.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.