Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Hello everyone - NewMember
jrbarnard
# Posted: 18 Sep 2011 13:35

I just wanted to say hello. I just found this site and, well.. I have about 230 acres in SW Texas (around Rocksprings, TX) and I have been working on building a small cabin.

First off, as I stated, I am new here and going to read everything I can before just asking tons of stuff.. heh. I tend to get real into my designs (been working on one for about a year and trying to understand everything before we build next March-ish.

I have a cabin, but it is "wired" for electricity and a barn-type roof, which does not bode well for rainwater collection. It is also on my uncle's ranch, next to ours, and so we want to build one on our ranch which has electricity about 150-ish feet away ;)

I figured a 24x24 would do, and I am trying like crazy to keep costs down. We currently have a couple nice windows donated by friends and also will be collecting cement blocks etc between now and March to keep costs down. I hope to get a door and another window and anything else "good" we can find to not have to buy, but we do have a small budget to spend on this.

Anyway, just saying hello and I'll go ready.

Russ

neb
# Posted: 18 Sep 2011 17:26

Welcome to the site. There is a lot of good experience here and is a great site with great people. Good luck in your venture.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 18 Sep 2011 18:07

Welcome to the forum, jrbarnard.
Good luck with your cabin project and keep us posted.

hattie
# Posted: 18 Sep 2011 21:57

Welcome to the forum jrbarnard!

smitty
# Posted: 19 Sep 2011 00:12

Welcome to the forum!
Great bunch of folks here. Take your shoes off..

Montanan
# Posted: 19 Sep 2011 15:33

Welcome! This is a great forum- looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your place.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.