Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New to forum - from Minnesota
Jerry
# Posted: 23 Feb 2009 16:51 - Edited by: Jerry

Hi all. I just found this forum, and quickly registered. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jerry, and I'm retired and married. Three children, two still in college. I live in northern Minnesota and spend my free time on land I own on a small lake about 50 miles north of home. The lake is a small body, actually a wide spot in a slow moving river, but it is quiet, has some nice fish, and shrinks to about half its size because of the wild rice that appears in about July. I started building a small cabin five years ago, then ended up buying the cabin next door two years ago, so between the two I've got lots of work to keep me busy. I do all my own building, so hopefully I can offer some advice to others along the way. Or, possibly I'll be asking for advice. My interests besides building and remodeling, include hunting, fishing, gathering and finishing wild rice, playing guitar, building log/rustic furniture and all things family. I'm also interested in living a self sufficient life and exploring the use of alternative energy. Well' that's enough for now. I hope to hear from new friends.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 24 Feb 2009 09:44 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Welcome to the Small Cabin Forum, Jerry.

P.S.:
Here is the link to the Jerry's "Wild Rice Cabin" post with pictures.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.