Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Almost time for "Save the date!"
jrbarnard
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 15:27 - Edited by: jrbarnard

Yes, I know "Save the Date" is for marriages.. lol.. but I put more planning into this cabin than my wedding! ;)

(yes, the wedding went great though.. lol)

After the 1st is when all my friends are able to ask for time off, so I plan to send out a "Save the Date" email for building the cabin.

What we are planning to do is:

1 - I will take off the 30th of March (Friday) through the 6th of April.

2 - Out of town friends will arrive that day.

3 - We all head out to the ranch on the 31st and the Home Depot trucks arrive that afternoon.

We will have a week to build a 20x32 cabin (1-story) with a 32x15 covered/attached porch.
It will also have a connected 7.7x7.5 ft bathroom with a toilet and a shower and sink.

We will have plumbing for a kitchen sink, and the bathroom.

We will also have ELECTRICITY! (my wife's uncle owns the lot next to us and is going to run electricity from our tract to his, and hook it up for us at no cost for letting him have the electricity to his land.)

I think we can do it in a week.. dry it all in, even if we do not get all the plumbing etc done.
I hired a cook to make sure there are three hot meals a day and plenty to drink! ;)

Anyone wanting to come help, come on down to Rocksprings, Texas! ;)

Oh.. just posting as I am bored at work today and wanted something to yak about.. heh

Russ

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 15:33

sounds like a plan---- do you have Rio turkey's on the ranch????........it's spring turkey season then and i will be travelling across the US of A in search of turkeys along the way---i have a air nailer and compressor and shotgun!!!.........just sayin :-) !

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 15:33

It's going to be quite the gift opening!!!!!

jrbarnard
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 18:35

Yep, we have tons of turkeys.. such as:

Turkeys

;)

Russ

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 18:43 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Quoting: jrbarnard
p, we have tons of turkeys.. such as:

are they wild rio's .........?????
got any pic's of gobblers??
is your place high fence or low fence????

i bet the low fence around the feeder is to keep the hogs off the corn----right????

jrbarnard
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 18:58

They are low fenced and wild. heh..

Russ

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 19:08

They are low fenced and wild. heh..

good deal----got any gobbler pic's around the feeder???

ErinsMom
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 19:13

turkeyhunter,
Your name suits you.

jrbarnard,
If I could, I would be there.

dstraate
# Posted: 28 Dec 2011 21:50

Damn, that's right about a week we have off. I'll have to talk the Mrs. into it though...

jrbarnard
# Posted: 29 Dec 2011 08:41

We have a lot of gobblers, but none uploaded to the site. When you have 20k pictures a month.. heh.. you have to pick and choose and the #'s look cooler.

I have a picture I may upload later of a gobbler with an Aoudad in the background....that one is pretty cool.

All folks are welcome! We plan to have an outdoor shower when we work on the cabin.. (10 guys out there for a week need a dang shower.. lol) but the bathroom facilities are just "woods" right now.. lol. I need to see what it would take to get a porta potty delivered for a week with that many folks.

Digging a hole for an outhouse may also be an option.. but it is hard as heck to dig a hole out there.. so.. looking at any options we can come up with right now.

Russ

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:22 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

I have a picture I may upload later of a gobbler with an Aoudad in the background....that one is pretty cool.

would like to see the pic --if ya get a chance!!

i potty potty would be nice for that many folks for sure----

i might head that way for sure---i am going to start the turkey season in the south and end up in North Dakota--- will be on the road for close to a month----would love to help on your build and see some different terrian as well.

jrbarnard
# Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:25

Okay, cool. Keep in touch on here and I will post updates and as we get close, we can swap #'s and such to get ya out there if you are close.

Russ

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 Dec 2011 13:49

Okay, cool. Keep in touch on here and I will post updates and as we get close, we can swap #'s and such to get ya out there if you are close.Russ

will do----

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.