Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cabin traditions - what are yours?
wakeslayer
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 17:15

I am sure we all have little traditions we hold at our cabins. What are yours?

The one biggest one I/we have is that I require my daughter to read a book called Antlers Forever at least once while on every visit. It involves a certain amount of begging on my part. She has been doing this for 10 years, since she was 6 years old. She likes to pretend that it drives her crazy that I ask her to do this, but I know she likes it.

We also have yahtzee tournaments and play hammerschlaugen (sp).
this past summer's reading !!
this past summer's reading !!

naturelover66
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 19:13

Drink wine..... And walk the property with my dogs.

bobrok
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 19:21

Quoting: naturelover66
Drink wine

This used to be my tradition also...have since graduated to Jim Beam

More "manly" for in the woods ;)

trollbridge
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 20:51

bobrok, you are funny!
Seems we have been way too busy trying to build the cabin and not busy enough establishing any traditions...we need to work on that!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Jan 2012 21:01

in the fall / winter build a camp fire.....
in the summer early fall.............turn on the old camp FAN out by the old skinning shed..... :-))
and halloween---turn on the halloween lights on the old skinning shed.....
which is the start of the rut by the way!!!!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 7 Jan 2012 23:10

every time we get to our woods.i have to look about the property to see if anyone else has been there.once i found some cigarette butts and said to gar-Ah ha!!someone else has been in our woods smoking.gar said baby those are mine.a squirrel must of knocked over the tuna can ash tray he left out on a log.so i scan the woods in a walk about.then we unload.
set up camp and read. we read and read.we play cards.we always have to go out in the late of nite to look at the stars.we look for wildlife.so bird watching,reading,cards and talking and scouting about dreaming of what we will do.these are our traditions for the woods.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.