Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Clever garage door wall shack.
jbseay
# Posted: 24 Mar 2009 11:01

http://www.dinosaursandrobots.com/2008/06/jeffery-broadhursts-shack.html
Pretty cool idea: make one wall out of a glass panel garage door.
Must be awesome to shut the door and watch the snow fall, or open it up on a warming fall morn.

JB

NickJ
# Posted: 9 Jul 2009 09:42

Looks like a small propane stove under the milk jug to use for a hot shower. Also no need for electrical.

lawnjocky
# Posted: 14 Jul 2009 12:52

I like the milk can idea for hot water. I have been looking for a large pot to put on top of my wood stove fpr hot water but I never thought of a milk can. I wonder how the seams are fastened. I have had problems using buckets that are soft solidered together. I will have to take a look at milk cans. Up until now I have been thinking about using an old style beer keg. My thinking on that would be leave an opening on top for pressure relief and filling and have a couple of handles and a aluminum block (drilled and tapped for IPS threads) heliarched to it. The block would be near the bottom on the side. I don't think I would use a hose bib for the valve since they are not reated for high temp. The best solution would be a high temp ball valve. The cheap solution would be an all brass gass cock.

I regards to the door, I saw a place in California that used large multi-pane warehouse windows. The frames were steel similar to those that used to be used for casement windows. Since they were steel it was a easy project to modify them into sliders. The cottage could then have an open air kitchen/breakfast area or an open air bedroom.

Jocko

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.