Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cabin interiors
crescent102@hot mail.com
# Posted: 20 Jan 2012 00:05

Like to see a forum on cabin interiors with ideas on getting as much as possible into the smallest space. All my ideas thus far have come from boat (yacht) interiors (I like sailing). Many yacht galley (kitchen) and dining booth designs would work great in a small cabin as well as head (bathroom). Berth or stateroom design (bedrooms) could also be applied to the small cabin design. The principles behind boat interiors are simply that you work off a middle "aisle" to lay out your interior. Great ideas can be found by simply doing a search using terms such as ÿacht interiors" or "yacht floorplans". The beauty you'll find can easily be created in a small cabin you build using the common materials you now use a little more creatively. And you don't have to worry about pots sliding off the gally stove!

Montanagirl
# Posted: 20 Jan 2012 22:00

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/lusby/?awt_l=GU9a.&awt_m=1knSp7mS44uEBy

This is a tiny house website with some great pics to get the creative juices flowing!

Malamute
# Posted: 21 Jan 2012 23:30

They aren't oriented towards small places, but there's a log builder that builds some very nice, classy looking places, and do some very cool handbuilt doors, and other things. Google Yellowstone Traditions. I love their work. I have a couple books that feature their houses also. Some great ideas that can be adapted to small places, tho they've done a few small cabins.

neb
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 09:37 - Edited by: neb

The link you posted up looks like a great site. I remember one other link you post awhile back on log cabins. Mostly for the rich and the famous but the work and detail in those cabins where out of this world. I saved that link but can't seem to find it. Thanks for shariing.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.