Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Electric Water Heater
Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 19:30

I was browsing my local tractor supply today looking for ideas for stuff I needed to do at the cabin when I came across an electric "Bucket Water Heater"

http://www.tractorsupply.com/allied-precision-bucket-heater-1000-w-2170534

I don't know how many other people heat water in a bucket or collect it in a bucket after heating it like we have been doing, but I believe this is exactly something I've been looking for. It's 1000 watts at 120 volt which is 8.3 amps. Most generators will support the thing long enough to heat the water.

I have yet to use the thing but it claims it'll heat a gallon of water from 60° to 130° in 10 minutes. It's specifically designed to be used in a 5 gallon bucket.

Gonna give this a try next weekend when I set my temporary shower up in the cabin.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 20:10

this is a neat gaget---i am goiong to show this to a friend of mine --who has a small hunitng camp in Maine--he has power, and we always heat the water on his wood stove and put it in a solar shower, when we are camping there....he has elect @ his camp----so this would work GREAT!!!! and the price is right too!!!!!

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 20:45

I have a set up built that he might like. I bought a submersible fountain pump capable of lifting water 6' and then put a hose on it with a standard shower head. I drilled the "water reducing" thing out of it with a ¼" drill and hung it over a 2'x3'x6" tub that I have. I put the submersible fountain pump in the tub and recycle the water until I'm clean enough. Then I have another 2-3 gal of water in reserve in a 5 gal bucket that I use for rise water. I just move the pump from the tub to the bucket and it starts spraying cleaner water to rinse with.

I have been using this Zodi Water pump to heat the water with, but not to actually take a shower.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Zodi-Instant-Water-Heater-and-Hot-Shower/4698021
This new heater should make things much easier.

Just
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 22:47

don't foget you need metal bucket.29.95 at tsc.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 10:16

It has a shield to prevent the bucket from melting. The package says any 5 gallon bucket will do.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.