Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Jan 31 and itching to go to the cabin
nicalisa
# Posted: 31 Jan 2012 22:45

Maybe it is cabin fever....
Maybe it is all of the rain....
all I know is that I am itching so badly to get out to the cabin.
We try to go on a long weekend, but the next long weekend isn't until April!!!
I think that we need to take a Friday off so that we can get up there for a couple of nights as I am homesick for our other home!

But hey we are doin' somethin right as my 5 year old asks every Thursday if we are going to go to the little house, so I finally have one that takes after me:)

toddheyn
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 06:24

I know how you feel. Down here is the states we are fortunate that we have a couple of winter long weekends. We just visited our cabin over the Martin Luther King weekend and we are planning to go back during the upcoming President's Day weekend in February. I would love to be able to get to our "White Birch Acres" in every month in 2012.

Now that is a New Years Resolution I want to stick to!!!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 07:52

Hey All, I feel your pain!
I have a tiny place (2.5 acres) up on the Bruce Penninsula (Lake Huron), Ontario and I have two sons who play travel sports...my usual Monday rant with my wife is:"Do we have to go anywhere this weekend ie. Tournament?) Well....this Friday is clear and I'm heading up alone with my pup! Need to check on the place and do a little "cabin bonding". Looks like if I don't go now, I can't go till April!
Squeeze in when you can...life is too short!
Cheers.
BB

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 09:44

i go to my cabin 1 to 3 times a week..( during hunting season almost daily) .....30 min drive from the house...and as much as i go , i still get exicted when i unlock my gate :-)

TomChum
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 10:44

Cheater!

cabinbiscuits
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 11:16

I'm itchin' to get started building....

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 12:08

Quoting: TomChum
Cheater!

don't be a hater tomc ;---)))
headed down to the camp NOW!!!!!!!!!!

bushbunkie
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 18:21

Turkeyhunter...you're just plain evil!
Have a good one.
BB

skootamataschmidty
# Posted: 10 Feb 2012 14:59

I try to get up at least once a month all year round including the winter. Spent 6 days over New Years up there this year and was just up for a couple days with my son. Hope to get up next weekend too! My place is a couple hours west of Ottawa in Ontario...there was snow which was nice because we have none in SouthWestern Ontario this winter!

customrunner
# Posted: 10 Feb 2012 18:49

I here you, to hoping to go up next weekend and do some work if the weathers good that is.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.