Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Leaving Tonight!
nathanprincipe
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 13:55

After 2 strait weeks of long hours at the office we are heading out tonight when my wife gets off work! We will be accompanied by family and friends and will finally get to show off our hard work for the last 2 years...........ohh yea, and pictures to come!!!.....If I dont forget my camera again

justincasei812
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 15:24

Enjoy the weekend!! We will be heading to the cabin tomorrow morning bright and early. Birthday party tonight or i would be leaving soon.

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 17:37 - Edited by: trollbridge

That should be a real hootenanny!! Have a great time this weekend and yes ...please don't forget your camera again!! It has been hard for me to be so patient

justincasei812...have a great time too!Also anybody else lucky enough to get away.

We can't go cause Mr. Troll has to work tomorrow and my daughter has a birthday party to go to too.........but next weekend........nobody better even think of stopping me!!!!

idacabinrat
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 17:42

Have a great time! Still too much snow here, gonna be awhile...

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 19:14

have fun----maybe go to my cabin on sunday---
have a wedding to go to tomororw............fun NOT!!!!!!! and it's at 4 pm---messes up your whole day!!!!

neb
# Posted: 23 Mar 2012 19:31

Good for you!!!

justincasei812
# Posted: 26 Mar 2012 08:31

First time I have been to the cabin without snow on the ground (Purchased in Early January). We had a snow storm with heavy snow here about three weeks ago. A lot of trees and garbage left by the last owners. It will have to wait as there is still a few more projects to do within the cabin. Had a great weekend putting in an electrical panel and running wire to the generator. Hope everyone go up totheir cabin to enjoy a little!!!

TomChum
# Posted: 26 Mar 2012 13:37 - Edited by: TomChum

Quoting: turkeyhunter
.........fun NOT!!!!!!! and it's at 4 pm---messes up your whole day!!!!

I hear ya TH, 4PM is still primetime. I've said more than once, "...there's nothing like "brunch" to kick the legs out from under a good saturday...."

Quoting: justincasei812
A lot of trees and garbage left by the last owners.

Out here they have 'fire suppression crews' that come to your place and drag all the sticks into a pile and burn them. This is some of the results of 3 guys hired, at $10/hour for 2 days. It was some $ (!) but it's nice to get rid of trash right away. You get to enjoy it right away (plus it was safer for fire). For me, if I don't get rid of trash in the beginning (when it looks like trash) then pretty quick I stop "seeing" it. So I've learned to get rid of it first-things-first. Also I wanted my wife to want to like the place so if I make it look nice that helps.

Before- and 14 months later, after fire suppression crew

justincasei812
# Posted: 26 Mar 2012 14:38

That is a huge difference!! The area North of where I bought had a forest fire less than ten yrs ago and it was all pines just like my place. My place is not as bad but I would like to clear the trails and pick up the real garbage this summer then start working on sections at a time.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.