Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Built my own rustic cabin decor lamps
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Apr 2012 22:02

OK, have had the lamp kits for some time, also picked up a few clock kits too. Finally found lamp shades I liked that fit my decor. Here is my finished project. I am going for rustic. Took out my draw knife and peeled me a log yesterday, bought a long 3/8" drill bit a nd this is the finished project.

For rustic cabin decor, I have found the best prices to be on amazon.com. Just use rustic cabin decor etc. Best prices, some close outs, some owners selling used.
Home made rustic lamp
Home made rustic lamp

naturelover66
# Posted: 9 Apr 2012 22:22

Very very nice !

Just
# Posted: 9 Apr 2012 22:25

what kind of bulb in there toyota ??

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 9 Apr 2012 22:52 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

40 watt (equivalent) CFL, its the one with the round globe over it in soft white. The curley Q would just not look right (period correct) I run my cabin on my small Honda EU2000i, and I like to keep all lighting to CFL's. I wish is was a little more "yellowish" for the real rustic look.

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Apr 2012 23:08

Your lamp is beautiful!

We run our cabin on the same generator and I always want to use the incandescence bulbs with the nice soft glow too but my husband is always thinking about wattage so we use the CFL's.

Fun finding or making stuff for the cabin isn't it!!

hattie
# Posted: 10 Apr 2012 00:34

Beautiful! Nice work!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 Apr 2012 09:15

Quoting: trollbridge
Fun finding or making stuff for the cabin isn't it!!

I made a clock, but I have some in there now. Its somewhat small, so I guess I may have too many clocks now....
Yes, I have the tool to make the pin ends and mating holes for log furniture. I am also a heck of a metal fabricator, ie MIG welder, torches etc. I am going to get some flat bar, hammer on it a little and then bend it for a cast iron skillet holder. I have the full set from small to large. Hang it near the cook top. I ah meaded over there is 2 weeks, I have so many things I want to make, but no time between now and then. So next trip, I should have it all..

Montanagirl
# Posted: 10 Apr 2012 21:45

MOST Excellent!!!

larry
# Posted: 10 Apr 2012 21:59

sweet lamp...gives me an idea

TomChum
# Posted: 11 Apr 2012 04:12

now THAT'S the spirit! Great to have stuff that you can't buy.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Apr 2012 10:40

Just finished my matching one to it last night. Now onto some iron work for the kitchen. Take some flat bar,hammer it up in an anvil to give it a "blacksmith built" look. Making a cast iron skillet holder for above the cooktop. I have the full set of skillets from small to large.

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Apr 2012 10:51

I will be excited to see that when you are all done...be sure to post a picture.

Your imagination is limitless when you have the skills to do this-lucky you!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.