Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / In harm's way from fire
adakseabee
# Posted: 27 Jun 2012 13:48

For those of you with cabins and/or land, primarily out West, how are you faring with respect to the fires that are destroying so many acres and homes in great cabin country? I hope those of you in danger have taken appropriate action to not only reduce the threat to your property, but also to you and your family.

trollbridge
# Posted: 27 Jun 2012 22:57

Yes. I hope all cabins and more importantly members are safe.

dstraate how are you faring in Colorado??

fred
# Posted: 28 Jun 2012 02:45

The driest that I have ever seen it here. We spent last weekend at the Cabin and it was 98 degrees at 8200' above Boulder. We're about 20 miles south of the high park fire and there have been over 200 homes lost. The Colorado Springs fire is still raging and I'm sure that the number will will exceed that. Currently over 30,000 people evacuated. We get the feeling that we're just one lightning strike away from the cabin being ashes. Not a matter of if but when. Thanks for the well wishes !!

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 Jun 2012 21:10

Well let's keep positive thoughts. I hope conditions improve so that these fires can be better contained and hopefully some rain soon to take away a little dryness. It's a nail biter for sure, but prayers and good thoughts are with you

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.