Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Don't even try and tell us your finished.
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 4 Jul 2012 13:00

We've had a woods cabin getaway on the same location for fifty years. My own new place for about twenty two. I have to say with these types of cabins there cannot be an end to construction tasks. I have built an outhouse, the cabin, then a shed, worked some more on the cabin, then a screen house, worked some more on the cabin, then stained, then built a new shed with built-in outhouse, worked on the cabin, made trails, built a guest house, mowed the even expanding grass areas, put newer window in cabin, more gas lights, cut brush, then built a deck, cut firewood and cleared trails.

I better get back there soon, I here the grass grew again. Oh yeah , I should paint the backsides of the buildings. I almost forgot.

Owen

bobrok
# Posted: 4 Jul 2012 13:17

Owen, change your profile from "carpenter" to something more esoteric such as "small cabin enthusiast" and see if that helps. Mine mentions retirement and it kind of helps to get my head straight when I need reminding, or an excuse to not do something.

Borrego
# Posted: 4 Jul 2012 15:32

Yep, I can see there is no end to this wonderful journey. As soon as I 'finish' the cabin, I will start on porches, decks, outdoor showers, screen porches. Then when that is 'done' there will be the need for a garage or carport of sorts. And then an outbuilding or two or three, sheds, guesthouses, whatever..... and then paths to develop. And bridges to build and..... and........

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 4 Jul 2012 15:49

Just have fun doing it.

Owen

Borrego
# Posted: 4 Jul 2012 16:01

Oh yeahhhhhh! Can't wait for the season to start again!

neb
# Posted: 4 Jul 2012 22:04

The work never ends that is for sure!!!

larry
# Posted: 5 Jul 2012 19:30

although the work never seems to end some how i dont mind doing it. i guess i just love the cabin more than i hate working. a bad day at the cabin beats a good day at work!

rayyy
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 17:59

I love it! Scratching off job's on the old (to do list)and adding more.It really encourages you to keep on making progress on your projects.But I am gonna take a break for a couple of weeks to go camping.Yee-haw,,,can't wait!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 1 Aug 2012 18:18

Eat fish.

Owen

TimJ
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 11:45

Our cottage is totally done! We moved in last weekend. Now, all that is left is finishing the chicken coop, cutting some trails, putting in some firewood, landscaping, gardens next summer, clearing out some woods, adding spouting, installing a wind turbine, building a cupola for the roof of the chicken coop, some fencing, Building a garage, and a few other Misc. things. But other than that, we are totally done!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 3 Aug 2012 15:03

You funny boy. I'll mow grass, paint, then start fancy deer stands, and put up wood for winter.

Owen

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.