Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Forest fire near our cabin
Buggy
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 12:24 - Edited by: Buggy

We had our first experience this weekend with a forest fire near our cabin. The fire started around 3PM on Saturday and by 6PM we were being evacuated by the USFS. It seems to be now moving away from our cabin, but it is a fast moving fire and has already burned over 10,000 acres in the Mendocino Forest, California. Please pray for the safety of the more than 1,000 firefighters working this fire.
View from our cabin
View from our cabin
Just down the road
Just down the road
View from the evacuation route
View from the evacuation route
On the way out
On the way out

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 13:05

Wow, that's scary. Hope everything works out for you.

Owen

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 14:55

me too. I hope your cabin and all those firefighters stay safe. I'll be praying for you-keep us updated please.

cabingal3
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 15:14

Quoting: Buggy
Please pray for the safety of the more than 1,000 firefighters working this fire.

i sure will be praying for u and the firefighters.keep us posted.we live in wild fire country too and have alot of dead wood down and all kinds of stuff down.our place would be burnt down in no time.sure scary.

Buggy
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 18:54

The below link provides continual updates on the fire. You can also google "Mill Valley Fire in the Medocino National Forest" for additional information.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mendocino/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5379011

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.