Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Summer 2012
Buggy
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 02:34

As the summer comes to a close, what was your favorite cabin memory this summer?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 12:23

Sitting on the porch with a nice saoking rain falling down after a long dry spell! Here is a video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsX-uo28BtE&feature=plcp

bobbotron
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 13:20

Canoeing around the cottage lake for the first time!

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 13:24

Few of my favorite things:

- getting occupancy!
- fishing on the dock with son and daughter
- falling in the water from the boat trying to get a lure out of a tree...haha!
- canoeing ealier in the morning; so peaceful
- fireworks on the lake; nothing brighter or louder
- jumping off the pontoon in the middle of the lake with kids
- chopping wood and making bonfires
- hearing the dinner bell after working or playing hard

Summer is not over!! Don't let the retail world tell you otherwise. Hang on till the bitter end and enjoy it!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 16:04

My daughter reading Antler's Forever to me right before we left. Longstanding tradition. She is 17 and read it to me dozens of times, and I still get all sappy about it.

groingo
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 17:09

Having my resident deer calve twins this time 50 feet away from my cabin, she raised them for a couple months then her and rug rats took off as usual, probably because she herd me mention I was going to charge rent if she did't leave the Fire Weed alone!

hattie
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 21:04

Just being here with Hubby (Bob) at my side. After our scare in December, I couldn't want anything more. We are so very blessed!

nathanprincipe
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 23:56

Summer is unfortunately the season we spend the least time at the cabin Summer in TX can be unbearable. We are looking forward to fall with many visits!

bugs
# Posted: 3 Sep 2012 10:07

There were a few:

-catching our first lynx and bear on the trail cameras
-installing a heater (should be enjoying the benefits shortly)
-began the process to make our property a designated nature preserve

rayyy
# Posted: 3 Sep 2012 16:06

Getting the big room functional.Moving my furniture into it.Expanding my living in the kitchen/bath all winter out into the big room.18x20.Oh so nice!Getting my windows and doors in.New counter top done.The front sideing done.Barn's full of hay.Lot's of work on the To-Do list done.Fenceing in the pasture all done.Getting half the barn cleaned out.Getting the driveway fixed up a little more.A light in the bathroom.Health issue not so bad as thought....lot's to be thankful for.

Purplerules
# Posted: 6 Nov 2012 22:22

Finding property to put a cabin on. The cabin shell being delivered and us beginning work on the electrics and water.

But the best part was spending the first night in the cabin and envisioning the future trips and plans.

LakeSuperior5
# Posted: 9 Nov 2012 11:59

Watching the sun set with a glass of wine on the deck.

Fireworks on the 4th of July, we could see three different cities from our view on the hill.

Staining the siding, not fun but started to give me the "finished" look

BadgersHollow
# Posted: 9 Nov 2012 22:42

Hot dusty quad ride with my wife up the mountain followed by a good skinny dip in the pond.

neb
# Posted: 9 Nov 2012 23:39

Enjoyed fishing and the sun sets. The lost in time feeling and no cell phone and no worry's.

DaJTCHA
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 11:17

Our summer camp visits this year were awfully hot and we're in Pennsylvania. The wife and I have vowed that we won't be hosting large gatherings at our camp during the two holidays that fall in the summer-Ever!

However, it was nice to enjoy the place for a few times out there. Not so much big jobs to do, just a bunch of little ones that can be completed when time permits.

I enjoyed a trip up to camp with a friend that involved several thousand rounds going down range. It was noisy and expensive, but fun. Can't remember the last time that I was able to fire .22 through 7.62 all in the same afternoon across 9 different platforms.

skootamataschmidty
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 13:12

Just watching all my family enjoy themselves and let loose with a few drinks and music after a hard day of work in the bush!

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 02:05

In decending order of greatness:
1. New bed, we upgraded from an air matteress to a real queen bed.
2. Getting all the trim up so the wasps and moths couldn't get in.
3. Getting some insulation installed to help with the heat.
4. Putting the greenhouse cloth on the pergola to shade the deck from the heat.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 23:22

The therapy porch! Coffee in the a.m. . . . cocktails in the p.m. Not our boat and dock, but the view is great!
glass.jpg
glass.jpg
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG

johng
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 23:47 - Edited by: johng

you gotta love those raw coffee beans. Most folks prefer them roasted instead of the green state.

...interesting coffee mug too.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 00:22

Quoting: johng
you gotta love those raw coffee beans. Most folks prefer them roasted instead of the green state.

Ha!!! good observation

aaand I should add. I like watching my neighbors spend their $$ LOL . .

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 00:35 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

We did a large group camp. My neighbor, his wife, grandson. My myself, wife, one of my daughters, her husband, 3 grandkids, plus my 2 bulldogs. (French and English, ie Gizmo and Gadget) . We had 3 large utility quads, kids spent time with the adults exploring. Myself and youngest grandson took a quad to "Notellem" creek and was panning for gold. He loves that show Gold Rush and the area my cabin is in is has a long history for gold mining etc.

We hang around the camp in the evening, doing a large group dinner. First night was a huge spaghetti feed. Lots of fun. We are doing it again this year too. I ts going to be an annual tradition for sure.

jaransont3
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 09:41

Our week at the cabin in July was mostly working on it. Drywalling is never the most fun, but we got a bunch accomplished. Best memory from that trip was finally having a fully functional outhouse.

And even though it was no longer summer, we spent our first nights in the cabin during our trip there for Thanksgiving. We also got our restored porpane cookstove installed. Almost as neat to see those first blue flames as it was seeing the first wood fire in our heat stove.

hiddenacres
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 10:33

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
(French and English, ie Gizmo and Gadget)

We have 2 miniature pinschers named Gizmo and Gadget. ;)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.