Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Prices on standing timber?
tsvoyager
# Posted: 1 Sep 2012 14:19

I'm looking into having some trees cut for the cash value. Can any one tell me what a going price for this? I have mainly Maples, Popple a few large white pine and small Pin Oaks (Oaks are going to stay) I had one guy come out and look it over, 100 cord cut and removed for $2000.00. For that price I'll keep my woods. Was this guy blowin' smoke where the sun don't shine?
I'm not looking to do a clear cut, just select cut. I mainly want to clear out some wood to the south for the solar

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 1 Sep 2012 15:29

I just had mine cut this spring..I got $1000 for each 12 cord truck load...I had the amish guy down the road do the cutting and stacking so the grapple truck could come in a pick up....The amish and I just split what we made...we took out 4 truckloads so about $4000 we made then we split that....it was all red pine gets les money that other woods....

tsvoyager
# Posted: 2 Sep 2012 21:43

so that would mean at least $8000 for 100 cords vs $2000 he was going to pay. He was just going to do the cutting and stacking. I was going to have to get the lumber mill come get it.
Thanks for your input. I thought 2 grand was a bit on the low side

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.