Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Advice Needed for small heating source/idea for attached shed
lex
# Posted: 6 Oct 2009 14:28

I've constructed a small shed (5' x 2.5'), attached to the back of my cabin to house my water pressure tank (and eventually a small gas tankless ortraditional water heater). I'm planning to insulate the walls and roof and the water line from the ground has heat tape to keep it from freezing.

I'm looking for good ideas for a small heater (just for the room and just to keep the water pressure tank from freezing when I'm at the cabin in the winter time.

I don't heat the house when I'm away. I plan on draining the system when I leave including draining the line where the water comes up below frost.

Does anyone have good solutions or recommendations for heating this small space enough to keep it from freezing? Thanks much in advance!

Moontreeranch
# Posted: 10 Oct 2009 16:23

Since you mentioned heat tape...I'm assuming you have grid power?\

a small "in wall" electric heater does not use much space and cranks out pretty good....I just installed three such units in a clients house..240 volt with blower...easy to set up a small thermostat too.

when you are away you can just switch it off.

lawnjocky
# Posted: 13 Oct 2009 08:59

If you have power go to Lion Country Supply on the web. The sell ceramic light bulbs for heating dog houses. It should be perfect.

Jocko

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.