Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Good morning everyone!!!
neb
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 12:07 - Edited by: neb

We got 10 inches of snow and 16 degrees in MT. How is your weather???

MJW
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 13:44 - Edited by: MJW

Sunny and 66 here in Hot Springs, AR. Expecting a high of 72 today.

The fall leaves are at their peak and beautiful!

ericfromcowtown
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 16:28 - Edited by: ericfromcowtown

6 inches of snow over the past 48 hrs and -16 C (3 F) here in southern Alberta.

I just put on our snow tires this morning, so that makes winter official.

Martian
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 16:42

Mostly cloudy, windy, and 79 here in mid-eastern Kansas. Rain and falling temps tonight.

naturelover66
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 17:10

Deeeeeeeetroit is unusually warm today.......... 60 and partly sunny !!
I can not wait to see snow.......

neb
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 17:17

Quoting: naturelover66
I can not wait to see snow.......

SNOW!!! I have mixed emotions with snow as I get older but it is what it is.

bugs
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 18:58 - Edited by: bugs

We are getting the leavings of the storm that eric got. I think we are closing in on 25 cm but I noticed the wind is picking up so the drifting snow is going to be interesting. I have shoveled twice today already.

What is a person to do in weather like this but curl up in front of the fire place and warm the toes.

Eric. I am watching the dinos/rams game. Looks like they did a good job on the stadium. Tomorrow it is the Stamps/Riders. Should be fun. I have been reading your posts. We too are on a small lake/slough. Your place sounds very interesting. Really looking forward to you posting some pix of your place and progress.
Ahhhhhh
Ahhhhhh

Just
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 19:08

JUST RETURNED TONIGHT from northern ontario -5 cels.most nights sleeping in a camper, no heat berrrrrr, lots of snow ,wear your hat to bed .Winter has arived in the north ...

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 19:28

We are at 65 degrees here in southern Wisconsin and it was sunny until the sun went down an hour ago! I still have the windows open....even cleaned the checken coop out today!

ericfromcowtown
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 09:08 - Edited by: ericfromcowtown

Hello Bugs,

Unfortunately, my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife doesn't like the idea of heading out in our minivan onto secondary roads with our other wee ones to check out OUR cabin for the first time in this snowy deep freeze. I'm not sure why (sarcasm)? So, unfortunately, the cabin I picked up almost by mistake will now have to wait until the Spring to check out and start cleaning. Sigh.

We're on Little Fish Lake east of Drum. Where is your place?

bugs
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 10:00

Eric

I suspect your wife may be a tad anxious. Hope all goes well for you folks in the coming weeks.

At least your lake has a name. Do you know if it is saline? It appears to have some draw down in the image. We just have a micro cabin on a slough Here is a link to our ordeal if you are interested:

http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_202_0.html

bugs

hitanktank
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 14:07

Quoting: bugs
Eric. I am watching the dinos/rams game. Looks like they did a good job on the stadium. Tomorrow it is the Stamps/Riders. Should be fun. I have been reading your posts. We too are on a small lake/slough. Your place sounds very interesting. Really looking forward to you posting some pix of your place and progress.

bah your Dinos beat my Rams
on the flipside I hope the Stamps hammer the Riders---I may live in REgina but I HATE the Riders

TheWildMan
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 14:43

weather is sunny right now, been down to the teens at night

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 17:31 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Just came back from the cabin. All leaves are down.
Morning pics:
morning dew 1
morning dew 1
morning dew 2
morning dew 2
morning dew 3
morning dew 3

johng
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 17:51

Quoting: MJW
Sunny and 66 here in Hot Springs, AR. Expecting a high of 72 today.

HOT SPRINGS!
So there are 2 of us here.
I tried to enjoy an opening weekend of deer season but the wind was nearly as high as the temperatures.

countryred
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 18:36

Northeast Mo.

44 and raining, with freezing rain and snow on the way!

hitanktank
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 19:35

minus 15 celcius and 40 centimeters of snow

grossssssssssss

Borrego
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 19:37

San Diego, CA. 75 and sunny. Every day

ericfromcowtown
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 19:43 - Edited by: ericfromcowtown

Quoting: bugs
At least your lake has a name. Do you know if it is saline? It appears to have some draw down in the image. We just have a micro cabin on a slough Here is a link to our ordeal if you are interested

That's quite the property and quite the story. I read through the first 3 pages of your ordeal and look forward to reading the rest later.

As far as a lake name, if you own it I'm sure you can name it, at least informally, right?

Here's a link to info about Little Fish Lake:

Little Fish Lake

TDS at 1168. I'm used to looking at water analysis from geological formations where 20,000 TDS is the norm, so I'm not sure how saline 1168 is compared to other Prairie lakes. No typical salt ring around the lake. Lots of birds and presumably the bugs they eat!

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Nov 2012 23:01

Quoting: ericfromcowtown
Unfortunately, my 8 1/2 month pregnant wife doesn't like the idea of heading out in our minivan onto secondary roads with our other wee ones to check out OUR cabin for the first time in this snowy deep freeze.

Your wife must be due right about the same time as me- Dec 3rd is my due date and we just got back from our cabin tonight. I can understand the nervousness involved in venturing out away from home this close. Best wishes for a smooth delivery and a healthy new little one!

hattie
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 00:38

We woke up to -9 celcius this morning. Cold but no snow yet. We did have snow a few weeks ago, but it didn't last long.

ericfromcowtown
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 10:13

Quoting: trollbridge
Your wife must be due right about the same time as me- Dec 3rd is my due date and we just got back from our cabin tonight. I can understand the nervousness involved in venturing out away from home this close. Best wishes for a smooth delivery and a healthy new little one!

December 4th here! No desire on her part to be up snowy gravel roads away from a hospital or in a filthy cabin in need of a serious cleaning (or two).

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.