Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Just a Rant
hitanktank
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 15:57

I wish it was spring. I just want to build my little place in the middle of nowhere and get away from the city. I absolutely despise the city, it seems courtesy and manners have long been thrown out the window.

The property has a large quanset on it. Maybe I can build it piece by piece in the quanset over winter and then put it all together in spring.

Anyways, im just miserable and bitching about city life.

neb
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 17:14

Where yoiu from my friend??? That is exactly what I did and worked out just fine. I did all window and door framing and nailed those header and studs and or cripples togather. The rest of the walls I framed out where all studs would go and bundled each wall section togather for when I hauled them to the site (north wall, south wall etc). I had to pack all my material in on foot but worked very well with a lot of hard work but very rewarding when done. I wish you luck and biulding in shop is a great idea. I did mine in the driveway with laying out the walls and bundled to haul. Good luck.

hitanktank
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 17:20 - Edited by: hitanktank

I am from Saskatchewan where we just had 40 cms of snow in 2 days and its still falling. Your situation sounds just like mine. The quanset is 100 yards (at most) from my permanent site and I would have to haul things over. The land owner is absolutely the greatest guy ever. I'm leasing long term from him and he is so pleasant and helpful, just great to work with. If anyone ever wants land in Saskatchewan I will put you in touch with him, he owns tons.

Theres 1 house within 3 miles of my place, and it is 1 mile from an amazing lake and a bird and wildlife sanctuary. I cannot wait to get there.

bugs
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 18:52 - Edited by: bugs

Hey Hitanktank

A large quanset on your property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it yours? hmmm If it is maybe you could renovate it into a "cabin". I have seen a couple of quansets turned into homes on Farmgate.

Ahhhh yes the snow. We are only at about 25 cm. At least the grey season is over for us.

bugs

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 16:09

hitanktank -ditto.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.