Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New to site
Harja
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 18:53

It certainly seems that I stumbled on the right place as you seen to be Canadian.

I will be returning to Thunder Bay in the spring, I am presently in Finland finishing out some teaching and then retiring.

My daughter lives in TB and we recently purchased some land with a pretty good house on it about 35 km west of town. I will not try to post pictures of it as what I have are from my son-in-law's Facebook page.

The place is fairly solid with a new metal roof but needs lots of inside work next summer to make it winter proof.

Besides restoring the existing house, we will be adding some other buildings over the next few years. It is off grid at present and we intend to keep it so. From the Google Earth view the long axis of the house is oriented to the south and so I think solar on the roof will work quite well for power and it has been our plan all along to use propane for cooking, wood for heating, and the young folks want to have a composting toilet set up while I would prefer an incinerating system for my hermitage.

More as things develop and my major move across the Atlantic becomes closer.

Harri Laaksonen

neb
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 19:45

Welcome to the site and keeps us posted on your projects.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.