Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Firewood Shelter
Buggy
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 00:40

Built a firewood shelter recently? Please share any photos you might have.

SE Ohio
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 12:39 - Edited by: SE Ohio

My work in progress- 4x4, 2x4 and 2x6 pressure treated construction with uprights notched and connected with gavanized bolts. Roof is oversized, will install minimal sides so that the wind can blow through but rain and snow will be excluded. A lengthy project when you have "help" from kids aged 3, 6 and 9!
Wood storage in progress
Wood storage in progress
Need corrugate steel roofing
Need corrugate steel roofing
Another view
Another view

ShabinNo5
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 14:36

Ours is similar to "SE Ohio". It is a bit deeper and taller. But the construction method is nearly identical.

Until this weekend, this is the best photo I have available.
Wood Shed
Wood Shed

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 11:40 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

My firewood shelter.

firewood shed

Since that picture was taken, I have added a divider wall which separates the chopped wood.

CaptainJ
# Posted: 27 Nov 2012 21:51

I built this shed this summer. Used landscaping timbers instead of cut lumber since they were on sale for $1 each last spring. Base is made from shipping pallets and roof is recycled siding.
P1010007.JPG
P1010007.JPG

TheWildMan
# Posted: 28 Nov 2012 16:36

I had a huge one last year, 10'x8'x18', filled it to the roof then had 3 times as much building up around it, gave up and just started stacking on pallets. got several rows 6" apart, 40" long and 8' high, 4 rows deep and i just put some plywood on top then cover with tarps. as near as i figfure i got 30 full cords (8'x4'x4') and use only 2 a year, turned the shed into a small barn when i realized i would never stop building sheds

ErinsMom
# Posted: 30 Nov 2012 18:20

If you goggle "pallet wood sheds" you should find several very nice ones. All from free wood pallets.

bobbotron
# Posted: 9 Feb 2013 20:49

We built this a few weeks ago. Not very fancy or long term but it'll keep the wood dry!
fw1.jpg
fw1.jpg

SubArcticGuy
# Posted: 23 Feb 2013 13:03

Not at the cabin, but here is the wood shelter I built at home this spring. The old one was a bit smaller and much weaker. I would have to get up and shovel it off twice a year so that it wouldn't collapse. The roof is salvaged aluminum siding. The best part of this shelter is the 100 watt lights in each bay. I still have one squirrel that insists on leaving presents scattered throughout the woodpile so now I can find them when loading wood in the dark.

Now I just need to build another one because this one is supposed to be full of firewood and not other stuff. (the building beside it is my sauna).
WoodShelter.jpg
WoodShelter.jpg

SE Ohio
# Posted: 24 Feb 2013 14:33

Finished? wood storage. Might add some more overhang to keep out some snow.
New Years Eve 2012 firewood rack
New Years Eve 2012 firewood rack

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 25 Feb 2013 08:52

This was designed to be used for a wood shed but unfortunately it gets used more and more as a regular shed and everything gets piled into it. Time to build just a shed I guess.
IMG2011062900011.j.jpg
IMG2011062900011.j.jpg
IMG000472011082216.jpg
IMG000472011082216.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.