Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Trees in south east idaho
mt mike
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 13:41

Looking for source for trees to plant on my property in south east idaho

neb
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 13:55

County Extension Dept. in your area is a place to start. I have done this in the area I live and tree's are 1.50 or so for one tree. This would be another option for you. It may be an AG service you have in the County or State you are from. This is the time of year to see if they have a program. I have ordered about this time of year when I did it.

Rob_O
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 14:51

Your state nursery will probably be your least expensive place to purchase trees. The extension dept. neb mentioned will have the info, or you can find it on Google

mt mike
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 15:22

Found the university of idaho website very usefull and trees are $2 each but am not sure which kind to order? Quaken aspen,juniper and lodge pole pine seem to be the most hearty choices

groingo
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 17:29

After seeing the forest fires in South East Idaho this past summer, am amazed you have any!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 18:18

When I was 12 my dad bought trees from the local state nursery, 220,000 red , scotch , blue spruce and white spruce. All for $.04 each. After they were in the ground the state had a look and if they were done right we got three cents a tree back. Now I sell each tree for a $100, fallen and limbed on a landing, although after thinning a few times I don't think I have a forth left. It always shocks me how much they have grown, 80' tall and 16'' diameter at the stump.

Owen
trees
trees
just one log
just one log

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 Dec 2012 20:30

Quoting: mt mike
Found the university of idaho website very usefull and trees are $2 each but am not sure which kind to order? Quaken aspen,juniper and lodge pole pine seem to be the most hearty choices

Mike, I think the lodgepole pines are the norm for the mountains in that region and the quaking aspens are usually in draws with lots of moist soil (water)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.