Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / One year anniversary.
rayyy
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 08:07

Iv'e lived in my cabin now for one full year.Time just fly's by so fast.Me and Michelle still reminisce about comeing up here in the winter and marking it out in the snow.And the hot,sunny day she helped me by handing nails to me,one at a time!lol.And the first time we ate lunch in the kitchen(when it was only 4 poles in the ground.)Yes we do aquire many fond and wonderful memmories at our cabin.

sparky1
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 09:12

Congratulations.
May you all have Many More Anniversary's together.

sparky1 in s.Va.

groingo
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:37 - Edited by: groingo

I hear that, how time does fly now into my second full time season, got everything ready for another winter early last season and was really looking forward to some snow, high winds, storms....the good stuff but thus far nothing, a very mild winter so am planning for the coming spring and summer.
One thing for sure, I wouldn't trade it for anything, I love the comfort, efficiency and freedom it has given me and the memories are endless but my favorite was before I moved in walking up to the cabin where the front door was open and meeting my resident deer "Gorgeous" coming out as I was headed in, don't get those memories anywhere else.

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:51

Yippee! That's awesome!

How's your back feeling these days? Better I hope!

hattie
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 12:25

Congratulations rayyy. May you have many, many more years of wonderful memories to make together.

rayyy
# Posted: 9 Feb 2013 17:43 - Edited by: rayyy

Thank's Hattie,thanks everyone.
tb,after sitting still for 8 weeks streight,it finally let up.Hopefully for ever!lol.Boy that was miserable.I must have gained 20 pounds so now Ive got to deal with that.Hardest part is walking again,my legs are killing me just from walking alot at work.But it does feel good to be back to work and to have that pain simmered down to a tolerable level.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Feb 2013 17:19

Glad to hear you are up and about again! How did you originally hurt it? When I hurt mine it was twisting and bending at the same time-just a stupid little movement and bam-pain

rayyy
# Posted: 13 Feb 2013 16:27

Iv'e always had trouble with my lower right side of my back.but it's always come and gone within a few days.But this whole summer it's been building up and building up,very gradually untill,one day,It just reached a point of no return.Felt like I had a sword ran into my hip on down through my leg.killer pain 24/7.I couldnt sleep at night,killed me to move.Had xray and MRI.all showing my L-5 compressing on my siatic nerve.No surgery just rest and stretching exerciseing.Much better now.Still hurts in the morning and for the first hour of the day but then it simmers down.

trollbridge
# Posted: 14 Feb 2013 20:12

Just thinking about it makes my back ache again!

groingo
# Posted: 16 Feb 2013 15:55 - Edited by: groingo

Rayyy:
Sounds like what was going on with my mom, they said the same thing, pinched nerve on L-5, she had gone through a year of back injections and such with only temporary effect so they said surgery was the only option, so I went with her to meet the surgeon who looked at the MRI's and X Rays and asked her to simply walk across the room, with that he sent her next door to have her right hip X-Rayed and the surgeon looked at the X-Ray and told her her back was fine, her hip was shot and anyone looking at the X-Ray could see it, even I could.
She got her hip replaced and five weeks later was going for walks and driving and as grumpy as ever.

Sad thing was, the doctors put her through hell for three years of incorrect and un-necessary treatment and we found one HONEST surgeon.

Spend 45 bucks and get your hips X-Rayed especially when you mentioned your hip pain.

Also. after researching the Hip replacement choices and speaking with the engineers Bio Met was the best choice and has worked flawlessly for over five years now, now she just complains about everything else!

cabingal3
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 23:22

Quoting: rayyy
Iv'e lived in my cabin now for one full year

u are so blessed to do this.i am so happy for u.goodness.i have not been around here much.i am so sorry about your back rayyy.i know the mister and i have so many memories of our woods.it s our special place.
oh!siatic nerve! me and garyo have this.it is so grrr.just makes me mad.so much pain.well thanks for telling us what to do.
good luck and many more happy memories to u and Michelle

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.