Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / back from the cabin
cabingal3
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 23:30

hello all.we finally made it to our cabin in the woods.gosh.its been a long time.
we had to hike in and haul everything in.it was good though cause we bought a toboggan.that sure made things go great.
trees bent over in our drive so it was hard to walk in.we had to go thru the forest to get to the front of the cabin.
then we think someone stole our wagon to our generator.i cant imagen us leaving it out but if our heads werent screwed on.i am sure we would leave them somewhere too.we think we know who stole this wagon but we are letting it go.
we burnt piles we piled up last summer.be careful of this one.u probably already know it.me and the grandsons were cleaning out this old camper last summer and we tossed some canned goods on the pile.well i was burning this very pile yesterday and something exploded all over my hair,face,glasses and hat and coat.garyo came running out of the cabin .he thought a gun went off.it was the exploding can of foods me and the boys had tossed on the fire.thank goodness it did not hurt me.gar found a single kidney bean skin on the snow.so this is how we figured out it was a can of kidney beans.
we had a wonderful time.we talked of all our plans and come summer we are putting a living room onto the cabin.its just getting cuter and cuter.here is a photo of our driveway at the cabin.
our driveway
our driveway

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 15:07 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: cabingal3
.thank goodness it did not hurt me.gar found a single kidney bean skin on the snow

yes, I'm glad you weren't hurt. lucky!
Better the kidney beans skin than yours!
You won't do that again, will ya!?!!! I'm glad you had a great time...too long between visits, huh?

Just
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 15:28

Quoting: cabingal3
room onto the cabin

Is there a model living room in progress??

hattie
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 22:20

Oh that is scary stuff cabingal3. I'm glad no one was hurt.

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Feb 2013 06:49

there sure is Just.
and hattie.hee hee.it was pretty funny .watch out for bean bombs in more ways than one!

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 12:30

hello cabineers.soon we will be heading to the cabin for spring.i am excited.hubby has been buying lumber and cutting and measuring.whee.
i have plans too.my daughter has this small chest of drawers and i have plans for it.i want to put it in my kitchen under the counter.going to put silverware in jars with lids.can u guess why??some little critter keeps leaving little gifts in my kitchen.i did leave a frying pan on top of the stove.cleaned out good but when i get back-there is always little gifts.so i am putting all dishes into these drawers inside containers.right now i have them upright in a dish rack.i still picture little critters skipping over them and going wee wee on our dishes.so the chest of drawers will be great.
we are leaving out bent trees as shown in photo above.This way people wont come into our drive.we have another drive on the other property that leads to our cabin.so this will make the other property look used.
cant wait to come back with photos of our progess.hugs cabi.

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 19:38

Be safe....have fun!!

hattie
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 22:34

Have fun.....Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.