Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / official start of spring
trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 09:51 - Edited by: trollbridge

Happy spring to all happy cabin dwellers! I'm sure many of you are anxious to get back to your happy places!

The Calendar says it's the 1st day of spring, but I would never know that by looking outside here! We have about 15 inches of snow on the ground and it is 5 degrees with wind chills well below zero! Other than the longer days and the sun being higher in the sky, it feels like the middle of winter!
I think it has been a great winter and as long as the snow stays white, I'm happy

Are you experiencing any signs of spring yet?

wakeslayer
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 11:38

Not even remotely... below zero last night and tonight....

Pretty much had enough here....

Kudzu
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 12:12

It is spring in my neck of the woods, MISSISSIPPI/ALABAMA

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 12:13

wakeslayer,
You, and most everybody I know around here are sure tired of winter. I'm enjoying it. I usually don't tire of it until the snow turns brown and it gets sloppy and ugly. We have had so many snowfalls that it is keeping it very fresh looking.

How was your January getaway to the tropics? And when do you get to go back to your cabin?

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 12:15

Enjoy kudzu...soon it will be sweltering down there, I would imagine.

bobbotron
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 16:50

My lady friend and I have seriously been enjoying the warmer weather, and looking forward to warmer still to come!

Last weekend we went up to the cottage and it was pretty chilly. Got out for a walk on the lake for the first time this year, that was pretty fun.

I have a week off between jobs at the beginning of April, I'm pretty excited to be up at the cottage for some of that!

Dillio187
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 18:07

spring, what's that?

Kudzu
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 18:18

Quoting: trollbridge
Enjoy kudzu...soon it will be sweltering down there, I would imagine.

That's a fact, Jack

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 19:00

happy spring everyone.its windy out.i went for a walk and the blossoms are on the trees.the crocus and daffodills are up and my rhubarb is up.all i can think about is the cabin and getting out there to work.
happy spring...even if there s snow on the ground-remember the saying about March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb.yay.
and easters on its way.i have been making tons of easter baskets for all.hugs cabi3
happy spring
happy spring

Dillio187
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 19:13

that just adds insult to injury cabingal3

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 19:25

lol.its meant to add hope.

Rossman
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 23:05

Loving those birds, I don't have anything that colourful here in the city, not sure what our property will hold!

MJW
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 23:07

Our first official day of spring brings a forecast tomorrow of 3 - 8 inches of snow and a high of 33 degrees.

It was 80 degrees one day last week.

bobbotron
# Posted: 21 Mar 2013 07:56

A photo from the lake last weekend. Still a ways until spring around here!

On the lake

ClimberKev
# Posted: 21 Mar 2013 16:51

We may break 40 here in Wisconsin today!
doom.gif
doom.gif

rayyy
# Posted: 21 Mar 2013 17:16

This time,last year,I was pounding in fence posts in a T-shirt.This year,I'm still plowing and salting every morning,wearing my snow suit,,,,Boy am I ready!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 13:48

Climberkev...where in Wisconsin? Certainly not here in the west central area...it's c o l d!!!

ClimberKev
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 14:29

My cabin's in Monroe county near Cashton. 40 may have been wishful thinking...looks like 32 for the high today.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 15:00 - Edited by: trollbridge

You are south and east of us. We were actually suppose to be in Tomah last night, but then we had a change in plans.

With the sun out today the snow is really compacting. My husband is headed up to the cabin tomorrow morning...hope he is able to get into the driveway, it's been a while since we've been able to go.

Funny cartoon

yankeesouth
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 15:10

Happy Spring!

Roof has a leak

Well is busted

12 inches of snow expected this weekend

Global Warming?????? Ya right!

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 Mar 2013 16:03 - Edited by: trollbridge

Attitude is everything! and sometimes a good cry can help

Bevis
# Posted: 23 Mar 2013 07:45

What... the season changed Didn't know it here in SW Florida.

Rained the past 3 days.

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Mar 2013 10:39

14 degrees at 5:15 this morning when my husband left for the cabin without me

He can't get into the driveway because of the snow pile at the street...do you plow drivers do that on purpose rayyy?!? Just kidding. Anyway, he was gonna have to get the snowblower out of the back of the van, and then hopefully tractor plow the rest.

How's the weather in Kansas and Mo today? Heard your suppose to get dumped on! Think drought relief

hattie
# Posted: 23 Mar 2013 12:57

It's rainy....It's sunny....It's snowy....The weather just can't seem to make up its mind what to do. I had to shovel and salt the boardwalk this morning. Last weekend Hubby pruned all the fruit trees. Geesh....I was going to do the spring tree spraying, but I think I'll wait a bit. Still too cold.

spencerin
# Posted: 24 Mar 2013 01:37

Been anywhere from 5-20 degrees below average highs for about 1 1/2 months in central IN. Forecasted 6"-10" of snow starting tomorrow. Have next week off for a "vacation" and planned on doing some work at my cabin, but it may be too cold and / or too much residual snow to get much done.

Rob_O
# Posted: 24 Mar 2013 11:16

Quoting: trollbridge
Are you experiencing any signs of spring yet?

Yesterday was pretty awesome (all things considered). Mid/Upper 50's, no rain for a few days... I was able to get my tractor fixed and finish the mowing I was working on last year!

Quoting: spencerin
Been anywhere from 5-20 degrees below average highs for about 1 1/2 months in central IN. Forecasted 6"-10" of snow starting tomorrow.

I s'pose below average temps with snow is better than above average with tornadoes like last year.

rayyy
# Posted: 25 Mar 2013 13:10

Yahhhh,,,it's Spri,,,,,,,,,,Hayyy,,,who threw that snow ball?

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Mar 2013 22:27

Kinda embarrassing... almost Easter and our Christmas decorations are still frozen into place in the front yard we have icicles on our icicles maybe by Memorial Day we will be able to pack away the Christmas decor :

Borrego
# Posted: 25 Mar 2013 22:41

Spring means I only have 2 more months to go til summer and the end of my season.....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.