Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / 12x40 Amish built to be here in about two weeks! At last!
tnky03
# Posted: 24 Apr 2013 20:05

Our dream of a small cabin has been in the works for about a year and a half, After starting a build last year, only to end up selling and moving closer to our grands, I confess I've been getting quite impatient. After checking out some "sheds" built by area Amish we have chosen a design we can live with and that hopefully our aging bodies can finish the inside of before winter, lol. Having our motorhome onsite will keep be a big help. Tomorrow we go to visit the builder. whom we have met already. to place our order and show him our plan for window and door placements. This site has been such an encouragement and I'm sure we will have lots of questions when we start work, esp. on wiring for 12volt/solar and designing a rain catchment system. Look out Craigslist, garage sales and Lowes we're on our way! The pic shown will be minus the little porch as I want the extra space inside. We will add our own porches.
IMAG0531.jpg
IMAG0531.jpg

hattie
# Posted: 24 Apr 2013 23:02

That looks great! Congratulations! Keep us posted with LOTS of pictures as you progress. Exciting times for you.

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 Apr 2013 20:37

Great news !! Congrats !!! So happy for you !!

tnky03
# Posted: 25 Apr 2013 22:16

Thanks, we placed our order today and picked out windows and doors. It should be here in two weeks, cant wait to get started!

Lucky7matt
# Posted: 16 Jan 2014 04:16

I purchased a 12x24 like this, still working to finish the interior. Post plenty of pictures!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.