Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Cabin Insurance Tips, about time!
<< . 1 . 2 .
jrbarnard
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 06:45

I am actually about to start coverage. I found a company that covers my cabin the same as a house.

The contact info is:

Sherri Norsworthy
HC Insurance Agency, LLC
Alford & Company Insurance
(979) 567-3296 204 S. Echols Street
(979) 567-3554 fax Caldwell, Texas 77836
(888) 812-5955 toll free www.alfordco.com

My cabin probably ran about.. 23k to build. I am getting a policy that will cover 75k, so I do not have to do it myself next time.. heh

I had an independent agent that handles all my other insurance and he says he gets this question a lot in Texas and sends them to her. The policy, right now, is about $45 a month, till I am done. Once I have it 95% completed, in about 2-3 months, it will bump up to about %55 a month.

Russ

runhot
# Posted: 28 Mar 2013 11:43

Anybody know where I can get insurance for my place in Arrowbear (Running Springs,Ca) area that doesn't cost an arm & both legs? I have the Calif State Fair plan but my mortgage was sold to another bank who refuses to accept it. This is appraised at $65K and all I have so far is a rumor I might get it if I pay $1,500 per year!

bukhntr
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 18:24

best bet is an independant agent, they can shop many companies for a policy. Goodville insurance is who we have, insurance is around 100 per year for cabin. Ours is small recreation, so we are not looking at an enormous loss maybe $10,000 material but it is the liability that you need the most and that is the same coverage as our house. If anyone gets hurt on your property and sues. They go straight for your personal $$$$. That includes illegal tresspassers on posted land. With the liabilty coverage it goes through the insurance company with lawyers keeping it away from you. We could have eaten the loss of the cabin though it would be a big hurt. but not being exposed for the liability was the real fear. Our original insurance company covered the land under original homeowners for liability as long as no sturctures were on it, but after cabin began so did coverage. Sorry for the long answer, but it was something I had never considered when planning and dreaming of a cabin but now realizing it to be maybe it should be one of the more important

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.