Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Kitchen pics
evrmc1
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 21:20

anyone have any pics of their kitchen. Looking for ideal and placement of cabinets ect.

hattie
# Posted: 17 Jun 2013 23:07 - Edited by: hattie

These are pictures taken near Christmas three years ago, but you can see the layout of our kitchen from them (just ignore the decorations ). Our office is also in our kitchen so that is why there is a desk, etc. there. Our kitchen table is in the living room.
Kitchen_1.JPG
Kitchen_1.JPG
Kitchen_2.JPG
Kitchen_2.JPG
Kitchen_3.JPG
Kitchen_3.JPG
Kitchen_4.JPG
Kitchen_4.JPG

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 21:27

evrmc1: I was hoping you would get a lot more kitchen pics. We have 100" to use for cabin kitchen. Boy was I excited to find a 30" sink base!! We don't have a kitchen yet, so I was hoping to steal ideas from here.

Borrego
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 22:19 - Edited by: Borrego

Here are ours:
March_10_Canebrake_0.jpg
March_10_Canebrake_0.jpg
022_2.JPG
022_2.JPG
022.jpg
022.jpg

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 01:07

I will post some after this weekend. I am headed to the place Friday, will get current pix and post them up. My kitchen is small, but I made good use of the limited space. My cabinets are all custom made, blu motion drawers/cabinets and made to look like they were made out of 100 yr old barn wood. The builder picked pieces with knots, they drilled in worm holes, and a special tooling to add dings and dents. My dining counter stools are the same way. Even the edges of the wood on the stools are darkened to make it look well worn.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 08:06 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

My kitchen is not finished and won't be for a few years. A work in progress.....

The cabinet was a curbside find. It was in rough shape. I could see the potential in it. It was hand built with square nails and has milk glass knobs! It is very heavy. I painted it and added a oak top from Ikea.

I spent years looking for a affordable farmhouse sink. I finally found it on eBay.It was taken from a old camp in Upstate NY.

The Hoosier Cabinet took me 5 years to find. I wanted one with a zinc top. That is very hard to find. It also is about 99% original. The only thing replaced are the door latches. I found a company that makes reproduction pieces. This cabinet was listed on Craigslist 2 miles from my home!
Cabinet built with square nails
Cabinet built with square nails
1930's Farmhouse Sink
1930's Farmhouse Sink
A find years in the making.
A find years in the making.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Martian
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 08:36

Silverwaterlady, here is my farm house sink. I found it laying in some tall grass while attending an auction. I got it for $1.00! No chips or dings!

Tom

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 08:38

Very nice Tom!

hattie
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 12:22

Oh I love those big farmhouse sinks. Just beautiful!!!

silverwaterlady: I LOVE your hoosier!!!!

Martian: I LOVE your kitchen table!!!

Martian
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 13:18

Quoting: hattie
Martian: I LOVE your kitchen table!!!

Thanks. Me, too.

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 13:27

hee hee .your kitchens are so fabulous.and siliverwaterlady.love love love yours.
ours is funny.its still a work in progress.it looks like a miners cabin kitchen.
little kicthen
little kicthen

MJW
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 22:54

Here is how ours is laid out.

The photo was taken during the later part of construction but you can get the general idea.
Kitchen Layout
Kitchen Layout

evrmc1
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 00:55

wow some real cool ideals. thanks

Purplerules
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 23:34 - Edited by: Purplerules

Ours is also a work in progress. Temporary wood countertop.
The white tall panty like cabinets will eventually be gone.
We are not sure how we will finish the corner, can not fit a normal cabinet in the space.
view from the loft
view from the loft
view from living area
view from living area

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.