Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / my dream
boats169
# Posted: 18 Jan 2010 14:08

I recently bought 10 acres in Northern Minnesota bordering thousands of acres of state forest. I plan on building small cabin here. Never done this before. Can't wait but need advice.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 18 Jan 2010 15:12

Welcome to the Small Cabin Forum, boats169.

Bordering thousands of acres of state forest... that's awesome!
Good luck with your project. Keep us posted.

elkdiebymybow
# Posted: 24 Jan 2010 23:42

Boats,

Plan, plan, plan! Do a bit of research, figure out how you want to use the space, what are your needs, etc... We found that we went through several drawings and plans before figuring out what we wanted. If you fail to plan you plan to fail! Most importnantly, have fun with your project! Can't wait to see some pics.

JerryW
# Posted: 25 Jan 2010 12:10

Boats,

Where is your property? My cabin is in the Eveleth area. Lots of good info on this website, and some affordable books on basic construction will help a lot if you need them. Good luck.

Jerry

boats169
# Posted: 27 Jan 2010 08:59

My land is in the Warroad area. Its a great recreational area. I plan on putting a small hunting/fishing cabin on it. It will be something 3 or 4 guys can do, nothing fancy.

larry
# Posted: 26 Feb 2010 12:28

look at panelconcepts.com, it may make construction simpler and faster. bought one myself and assembled it in a 3 day weekend. let me know if you need some tips.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.