Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Foundation question
Josh8880
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 07:31

So I'm just about ready to start on the foundation for my 12' by 16' in NY. At that size, the code enforcer said I could do a "floating foundation" of crushed stone and he suggested 3 4x4 girders underneath the floor joists. My plan all along was to do 6 or 9 concrete piers, set at 4' below grade...then I went up last week and tried to dig...and suddenly the code guy's thought seemed better. It was very rocky...I had my two year old son with me though, so I couldn't really keep at it anyway, what advice would all of you who have encountered this before have for me?

On a side note, my son and I placed a trail camera up, and I'll be going up Wednesday night to check on it, can't wait!

trapperdave
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 08:22

Hi Josh..Thats the size cabin I want to build.Do you have any plans yet?I had plans to build mine on a skid.Still deciding on cabin plans though.I keep my trail cam going and have pics of deer,bear.fox coons skunks wolves coyotes and an eagle hauling off a deer ribcage.Goodluck Dave

Josh8880
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 09:29

Dave, what's your email address? I'll send you the plans someone helped me out a ton with. Where are you building?
Josh

trapperdave
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 10:38

djharmon@frontier.com..I'm building in northern Wisc.Thanks Josh

trapperdave
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 17:46

Thanks Josh..Those plans are great

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.