Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / What would be a fair price for a shed?
neb
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 11:24 - Edited by: neb

Ok here is the deal. I would like to know what would be a fair price to biuld a storage shed on site for a 10x14 with 3 windows and one barn door placed on a gable end. I want a door that splits in the middle. The roof tin and side walls could be T111. The windows can be small and a cheap window. Also side walls could be like 66 inches with an A frame roof. I don't have the time and just wondering a fair price for labor, material and biult on site. How much a square?

VTweekender
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 12:38 - Edited by: VTweekender

Don't know where your located, but a local builder here in VT has that 10x14 listed on his website with 3 windows for about $3,000 built onsite. 7' 4" walls, 7/12 pitch roof sheathed and shingled, T1-11 siding. Built 16" on center... 2 x 6 floor joists..

bobrok
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 14:29

I shopped at the big box stores and on line to get a feel for pricing for the size I wanted, then I contacted a local Amish builder and had a much better quality shed built to my specs than those others for roughly the same cost. I bought the window I wanted and selected the siding I wanted and gave it told him to use. He constructed it at his location and delivered it to me, leveled it and made sure all was well before leaving. FWIW it really wasn't a hassle at all and there was no mess in my yard. Waited until the ground was frozen in February and hauled it in over the hard surface. No mess. No fuss. Very pleased also with the quality of workmanship.

neb
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 14:57

VTweekender
I checked with one outfit here and they want 4300. It is way out of line. At 31 bucks a square you should be able to have finished shed and wired for that money. LOL I live in an area that has become way over priced with everything. Right now some are getting 100,000.00 bucks an acre. It is unreal to live here with the prices people want to do anything. Thanks and sorry if I went off.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 19:17

Yeah, I'd say three grand, but I'm not sure what you mean by an ''A'' frame roof.

O

neb
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 00:17

OC it is just an A framed roof like a typical ranch house would have.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 08:54

Ok then, yes $3,000 is about right, materials cost about $1,500.

There is a roof line called A-frame. It's the design where the roof starts at the foundation and is very steep with no side walls. I didn't think you mean that.

O

neb
# Posted: 31 Aug 2013 09:08

Thanks

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.