Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / EU2000 how screwed am I?
GomerPile
# Posted: 12 Sep 2013 16:56 - Edited by: GomerPile

Had my EU2000 perched in a bad spot to get it out of the rain. I came out to discover it was on its side and stalled out. Cloud of oil smoke in the air.

It still runs but smokes a lot under load. Does not make any bad noises (knocks rattles etc). What did I break? Is it gonna be worth repairing?

This sucks.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Sep 2013 18:18

I'd say the smoke will go away. Its above the piston area. Let it run, it should clear up. Some is inside the exhaust/mufler whioch may take a while. Turn off eco throttle to bring the RPMS up to heat it up a little better. I susepct as soon as it went sideways, the carb flooded it out, which is good, as it would not of gotten much oiling. It is solid sounding, ie no knocks etc, you should be OK. Keep us informed.

PS, Hondas are so tough, this wont even phase it.

razmichael
# Posted: 12 Sep 2013 18:29

I had mine fall over last year. Lots of oil in the carb and on the engine. Topped it up, wiped it down and started it. Smoked for a bit but but cleared up and I have about 50 more hours on it. Don't panic!!

razmichael
# Posted: 12 Sep 2013 22:51 - Edited by: razmichael

Duplicate post. Cant figure out how to delete it (at least not on my iphone)
Can't say for sure but it may not be an issue. I had mine tip over once (while I was high up in the rafters). Likely you just have a lot of oil around the engine and maybe mixed in the carb. I wiped mine down, topped up the oil and ran it. Smoked for a while but now I have about 50 more hours on it without a problem.

Fingers crossed for you.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.