Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Bitter/sweet year.
rayyy
# Posted: 4 Oct 2013 10:35

After spending half the year dealing with the back surgery and recovery,I'm happy to say it's finally feeling better.On the down side,the new(used) truck I bought turns out to be the biggest LEMON Iv'e ever owned in my entire life.,,,by farrrr!on the other hand the new(used)tractor I bought has been the most usefull tool,just awesome.(should of bought a bucket tractor 30 years ago)Iv'e felt so good these past few months that I have gotten many more jobs done around the cabin than I planned on.It will be a lot more comfortable in the cabin this winter.Over all,I've been quite pleased with this year!

Kudzu
# Posted: 4 Oct 2013 10:45

Glad you are feeling better, back problems are no fun. Why don't you trade in your truck for another?

Just
# Posted: 4 Oct 2013 12:13

I am going in for back surgery end of nov. hope it works for me !! They are saying it will take 14 hours. The doctor suggests I will be a year in recovery .AT my age , a year, could be a big part of whats left !! NOT to worry I have had a good ride... CONGRATS

creeky
# Posted: 5 Oct 2013 08:41

hey. congrats on the tractor. where'z da pics.
How many attachments have you got so far? my fav are the removable pallet forks. oh man. what can't you put on a pallet.

trollbridge
# Posted: 5 Oct 2013 12:11

So happy for you, rayyy! Gotta take the good with the bad. Good health far outways the lemon of a truck!!! I couldn't be more happy for you that your back problems are becoming a thing of the past!

I sincerely hope for the best for you,too, Just. I trust you will keep all of us posted, please?

A happy Saturday to you all!!!

razmichael
# Posted: 5 Oct 2013 12:15

Quoting: trollbridge
Good health far outways the lemon of a truck!!!

Add a great tractor in and this looks like way more sweet than bitter!

rayyy
# Posted: 5 Oct 2013 13:36

Lol,,,thank's to all my Cabin friends out there.This john Deere 2210 with bucket,belly mower,brush hog and blade are all the tractor I will ever need for the rest of my life.The porch is all done.The 12x12 shed has been taken down and rebuilt on the other end of the barn.The fence line is all done.The watering hole for the horses is all cleaned out.The campfire area down by the creek is all done.The back shed is all finished.Fresh coat of stain on everything.Wood pile is all cut and stacked up nice and neat.Pasture is all mowed down nice.Driveway is all opened up nicely.Lot of grading and clean up of the woods.Laundry's done,dishes are washed.cabins is spotless.I'm actually running out of projects on the "to do" list.(But don't worry,I'll have plenty more when I sit down and think about it),,,Lol.

trollbridge
# Posted: 5 Oct 2013 18:02

OMG....I need a nap after reading your accomplishments!!!!

...I also need a kick in the rear end to get motivated

SandyR
# Posted: 5 Oct 2013 19:32

My own back doesn't bother me, but after reading all that you have done maybe I do need my back looked at after all! Wow! Good for you for getting all that done. I bet it feels great.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.