Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anybody here in Virginia?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Salty Craig
# Posted: 30 Aug 2014 18:43

I finished the ceiling today!! This is great. I've been looking at insulation for 3 years.

Salty
Ceiling
Ceiling

Salty Craig
# Posted: 2 Sep 2014 12:26 - Edited by: Salty Craig

Crossed the river this weekend to Urbana Va, and poked around town. Found this picture in an antique shop. Had to have it for the cabin wall.

Salty
Oyster boat painting
Oyster boat painting

Salty Craig
# Posted: 24 Nov 2014 21:06

Hey gang! Haven't posted for a while so I wanted to share my Christmas lights pic. No, I do not skip Thanksgiving. We wanted some light on the porch so put these up. But it does put me in the Christmas spirit. Does anyone else put Christmas lights on your cabin?

Salty Craig
Christmas lights
Christmas lights

sparky1
# Posted: 29 Nov 2014 08:43

Nice job;
no lights on the outside of mine---no one can see it any way unless they are Trespassing. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Have a great Christmas too.
sparky1.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 29 Nov 2014 12:44

sparky1
Thanks! Same to you and yours. No one can see these either. It's for my own enjoyment.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 3 Jan 2015 08:23

Happy 2015 y'all. I spend New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at my cabin doing some trim work. I boxed and trimmed all the windows except two. Also I took all my wall panel scraps and finished out the closet and even trimmed the closet out!! Now all I have to do is the doors, last two windows, and the flooring. I will need to wait till warm weather to stain this so I can ventilate the cabin.
Pine trim
Pine trim
More pine trim
More pine trim
Big catfish December 26th
Big catfish December 26th
My lazy dog Skipper
My lazy dog Skipper

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 07:22

Looking good Craig! What a fish too!

Salty Craig
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 11:34

Thanks Rich. The cat was caught in the James River below Richmond. It was only a 36 pounder. We have caught them twice that size. How's my fellow Virginian doing?

Salty Craig

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 15:41

Doing great Craig... went camping on my cabin property Friday night with a friend... pitched tents down by the stream and cooked over the campfire.

Coyotes (and an occasional fox) were howling... it was a full moon, but not sure that had anything to do with it.

Cabin life is good!

sparky1
# Posted: 6 Jan 2015 09:25

Happy New Year to all
check those heaters out---very cold next two days.went to Harbor freight bought another Gas "Tank-Top" mount Heater 16,000 BTU..39.99 - 8 .oo coupon =31.99 made me happy.
sparky1.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 6 Jan 2015 22:00

Rich, you are a hearty guy to tent camp on a property with a cabin on it!! I remember that full moon night. I didn't sleep worth a hoot. Partly because I was going back to work the next morning after a 12 day Christmas vacation. Sparky, sounds like a great buy on that heater. We just got a Harbor Freight in Harrisonburg. I will need to have a look at them. So where did you get an $8 coupon?

Craig

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 7 Jan 2015 07:50

Craig, My cabin only sleeps 6... and we want to be able to use the property as a campsite for relatively large groups (such as outings for the church men and boys).

I figured I better try out camping in advance. I had not camped in 15 years, so what better way to prepare than to have a trial test run in the winter on a 28 degree night when it rains. LOL Still had fun.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 7 Jan 2015 19:35

RichInTheUSA
I dare you to camp out tonight!!!

sparky1
# Posted: 19 Feb 2015 08:54

tonight 19 February 2015 will be a tad to cold to camp out either. Lynchburg TV Weather guy claiming 0 or less tonight-
I think i'll just stay in the house.
keeb

Salty Craig
# Posted: 20 Feb 2015 21:38

sparky1
Yeah buddy, it's real cold. Stay warm. I'll be running a snow plow truck all day tomorrow.

Salty Craig

Salty Craig
# Posted: 20 Feb 2015 22:07

I have needed a tractor for a long time. Finally found a good deal on this John Deere 4005. I bought it new because the used ones are so expensive. Plan on using it to bush hog and operate a grader blade. As you can see in the picture, it will be a little while before I need to buy the bush hog.

Salty Craig
John Deere 4005
John Deere 4005

sparky1
# Posted: 22 Feb 2015 09:46

Nice Tractor---pretty scenery too.
Thanks for keeping the roads clean,

Salty Craig
# Posted: 22 Feb 2015 12:21

sparky1
Thanks for the compliment on the tractor. It's 41 horse so I'm planning to run a 6' cutter. Should be enough power.

Did you get any snow? We got around a foot. Drifts are close to 2'. I ran a plow in Harrisonburg for 12 hours yesterday. Long day. We had to run 5 trucks wide and stayed only on emergency routes. The night shift finally got on the secondary streets after the snow stopped.

Salty Craig

Salty Craig
# Posted: 22 Feb 2015 16:15

I built the kids an igloo. How's this for a small cabin? If you want a workout, build one. I'm pooped!! Looks like global warming will have Eskimos settling below the Mason Dixon.

Salty Craig
Igloo
Igloo

Salty Craig
# Posted: 6 Jun 2015 23:05 - Edited by: Salty Craig

Hi everybody. I haven't posted for a while. I'm still alive and well. I spent three weekends at the cabin in May. Had a blast sailing and being lazy. I did finish trimming the last couple windows. I need flooring and baseboard then it's pretty much finished.

On one trip to the cabin, I stopped at a yard sale and bought a fantastic coffee table for 20 bucks. I will post a picture. Everybody have a safe and happy summer. Watch out for ticks!!!

Salty Craig

Salty Craig
# Posted: 6 Jun 2015 23:06

Here it is.
Coffee table
Coffee table

Salty Craig
# Posted: 19 Jul 2015 21:13

I just got home from the cabin. I said I would post a pic from my weekend. Here ya go. It was so darn hot. Can't wait till fall.
Evening on the Rappahannock
Evening on the Rappahannock
Old Glory hangin from loft
Old Glory hangin from loft
Boated 4 miles for this lunch
Boated 4 miles for this lunch
Salty can only dream about this.
Salty can only dream about this.

Rowjr
# Posted: 25 Jul 2015 12:55

West By God Virginia

Salty Craig
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 09:42

Rowjr
Been there, done that, got the tshirt. Awesome place. Where abouts?

Salty Craig
# Posted: 26 Jul 2015 17:48

. Rowjr

Never mind. You told me in your thread. It's 4.5 hours from me. Way West.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.