Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Show me your racks! :^)
hct4all
# Posted: 4 Nov 2013 18:59

Drying racks on or near the woodstove that is! I was at camp this weekend and it rained the whole time. The woodburner was great but I need to come up with a neat safe and goodlooking way to hang hats and clothes to dry them.

Thanks,

Rick

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 4 Nov 2013 19:56

How about one of the fold up laundry drying racks? You can set it up near the stove when you need it and than fold it up when everything is dry.

Steve961
# Posted: 4 Nov 2013 20:22 - Edited by: Steve961

I used an Ikea pot rack hung from the ceiling. The nice thing about this is that it's up high where it's warmer, doesn't take any floor space, and I can add as many hooks to the rack to hang different things. It was also only $25, but unfortunately they don't sell them anymore.
WoodStoveFinal.jpg
WoodStoveFinal.jpg

hattie
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 11:56

The favourite item in my house is our laundry drying rack!! I use it all the time. Bob had a heater placed right beside it but had it installed upside down so the heat would blow up at the laundry as it dried. I also have a fold down ironing board on the same wall that I can use. If I have laundry on the rack, I can just raise it up to the ceiling to access the ironing board, however, most of the time I keep the rack down low to get all the heat from the room heater.
drying rack in down position
drying rack in down position
drying rack up
drying rack up

hattie
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 11:58

Here are some more detailed photos showing the hardware Bob used to raise and lower the rack. The rack is made out of plastic pipe and pipe fittings and all glued together.
Rack and Lower Hook.  Excuse the laundry :-)
Rack and Lower Hook. Excuse the laundry :-)
Ropes
Ropes
Upper Hook
Upper Hook

rayyy
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 16:58

The old warming oven.Good for drying gloves and hats and things.
at_home_in_the_cabin.jpg
at_home_in_the_cabin.jpg

hct4all
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 20:14

Thanks for the ideas! Steve I will have to look into a pan rack aboce. Never thought of that. Hattie yours looks great as well.

SandyR
# Posted: 10 Nov 2013 19:05

I have two ways of drying. One is a really great Amish rack that is 7 feet tall for my laundry that I can put the whole load on, and nails in the beam over the wood stove to dry the kids' swim team towels and shorts every night.
009.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
010.JPG

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.