Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Danger of pump freezing
yankeesouth
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 13:34

This is probably an unanswerable question. How long and how cold does the weather need to be blow freezing to be a danger to an above ground well jet pump?

Basically....I have an above ground (well) jet pump at my cabin. Temps have been in the high 40's and low 50's for about the past few weeks during the day and upper 20's (once or twice) but mostly mid to low 30's at night. Forecast is calling for a couple days of highs in the low 30's and lows in the low 20's-high teens then back up into the high 40's-low 50's during the day.

I don't want to winterize the place until hunting season is over. (Trying to squeeze out a few more weeks!) I am not real worried about my pipes (pex) freezing...... but am I taking a huge risk in cracking the housing of my jet pump or ruining my bladder in my pressure tank with a couple days of 20 degree nighttime temps?

Just
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 13:42

It will not survive 20* .cover it with a few bails of straw if you want to extend your season a few weeks. Just

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.