Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New member
Saskia
# Posted: 13 Nov 2013 14:38

Hi! My name is Saskia, I'm 54 years old, widow and I live with my 18 year old son in Saskatchewan, Canada.
I'm planning to build a small cabin (thinking 14 by 28 plus added bedrooms at the sides) on my acreage, which is in the middle of nowhere and around 30 acres. I own 2 horses that are at my friends place right now, but they will be moved to the acreage as soon I have a livable cabin that is good for summer and winter.
I hope to make it all solar and wind powered, and also use of propane and a generator. Heat will come from a kitchen stove, so I can also use this stove for cooking and water heater (for dishes/small laundry)
I'm trying to get my head around everything and get organized for people to do this for me and friends and my son who will help.
It's very exiting! I hope to start in the Spring as now we have winter coming in and already lots of snow.
It will be a little bit like Little House on the Prairie. LOL

jrbarnard
# Posted: 13 Nov 2013 15:41

Welcome!

Make sure to take pictures so we can all be jealous of your little house on the prairie;)

Russ

Saskia
# Posted: 14 Nov 2013 15:02

Thanks jrbarnard! I sure will make pictures once we start in Spring and share them here.

bugs
# Posted: 14 Nov 2013 15:56

Hi Saskia

Welcome to the forum.

Err GoRiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see another SK person on the forum.

Looking forward to see what you come up with for your build. Sounds like it should be a decent size. Just a thought have you ever thought of a move on and reno option as opposed to a new build? If we ever decide to vacate society we would likely try that option as there is so much new building going on in the SKBoom that there are tons of nice solid little bungalows looking for a good home rather than the wrecking ball.

Hope it all works out for you.

bugs

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.