Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / two heaters instead of one?
bobrok
# Posted: 12 Dec 2013 17:12

Quoting: creeky
I've recently installed two of the new DV14s. They go in pretty easy and they certainly make a difference. My outhouse is 9 degrees C this morning while the outside temp is -19.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200590096_200590096

Creeky, your comment on the other thread gets me to thinking. There has been a lot of discussion here about heat circulation, pushing heat down from the ceiling/loft, etc., and various methods to accomplish this.

You mentioned in the other thread about using your smaller heater in your outhouse, but I am wondering if anyone here has installed two smaller propane heaters at opposite ends of your cabin rather than one large heater in a more central location, and if so what results did you find?

My living area is an "L" shape, with the cutout portion of the "L" being the bedroom, where we don't need as much heat for sleeping, so I would likely install each heater at the extreme ends of the "L". Right now we have one centrally located heater but the far corner of what is my living room stays pretty cold.

Crazy idea? Worth talking about? Anyone done this?

MtnDon
# Posted: 12 Dec 2013 17:45

That's part of the idea behind central heating; distribute the heat to many points rather than only one. You also get the benefit of air circulation that is not achievable with other means.

If you are using something like propane wall heaters it is a good idea, IMO to have a couple smaller ones rather than one bigger.

bobrok
# Posted: 12 Dec 2013 20:23

Thanks, MtnDon. My thoughts also.

It would cost more to purchase and install two units, but they are smaller and could fit into tighter areas than a large unit. This is a big issue for me because I don't have a lot of available exterior wall space.
Something to think about.

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Dec 2013 22:54

We us 2 my buddy propane heaters for a 16x24 with L- shaped living area and they cover the area great. No cold spots.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.