Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Spring must be just around the corner!
. 1 . 2 . >>
neb
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 20:41 - Edited by: neb

Went for a walk today and saw this robin. He didn't want to leave and was unhappy with me being there. I took a picture and was gone for about an hour and the robin was still there. It is very early here to see a robin.

Just
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 21:38

Hope you are rite neb, We are getting more snow tonight!! SAW A SNOWY OWL TODAY..

neb
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 23:01

Just... we have had about a foot of snow this year. Except for a few draws and deep cuts you would have to hunt to find any snow. We have been very lucky this year. We have been in the deep freeze but didn't have to battle the snow.

gsreimers
# Posted: 8 Feb 2014 23:29

If he was in Minnesota like me, he didn't leave because he was frozen to the tree.

rayyy
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 08:10

I just looked around the corner but all I see is more cold and snow here.lol.I have had to go down to the creek every day and bust a hole in the ice for the horses to drink now going on two weeks.My water tank is a frozen solid,giant ice-cube.My propane heater is fireing up every 15 minutes.I have a 4 foot snow drift in front of my barn.The zipper broke on my winter coat,,,,,,,,YES I'm ready for spring!

neb
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 08:13 - Edited by: neb

Quoting: gsreimers
he didn't leave because he was frozen to the tree.

LOL!!! It may hsve been this bird hadn't left in the fall. I do know watching him he didn't want to move. We had -18 that morning.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 08:17 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

yes it is!!!! shorts and T shirts twice this week...and daffodils' will bloom soon. ....worked in my orchard cutting sapling that had grown up in the blueberries yesterday....and buds all over the blueberries bushes. I will welcome spring as well~~

neb
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 08:19 - Edited by: neb

Quoting: gsreimers
he didn't leave because he was frozen to the tree.

LOL!!! It may hsve been this bird hadn't left in the fall. I do know watching him he didn't want to move. We had -18 that morning.

neb
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 08:34

rayyy>>> I feel for you I have been in your shoes many times and spring can't get there fast enough. At least with little snow it does shorten up the winter. Good Luck.

TH>>> Man spring isn't that close around here. I thought your country was getting snow and ice???

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 09:22

Quoting: neb
TH>>> Man spring isn't that close around here. I thought your country was getting snow and ice???

that was last week....LOL....now weather man is talking of a dusting of snow on Tuesday....but today low 70's and sunny T O D A Y !!!
Might take the ole landcruiser out for a ride with the top off today!!!

neb
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 14:16

TH>>> We don't like you any more!! LOL Just kidding and have fun!!!

SandyR
# Posted: 9 Feb 2014 16:19

I do love winter, really I do. We have passes for the local ski resort and love to ice skate in our backyard. I go for a hike with my friend in the morning in the woods, and love the snow.

But. I. am. so. sick. of. the. cold. temps.

I feel like I can't snowboard another day in 3 degrees, and my dogs paws freeze every morning on our hike.

Bevis
# Posted: 12 Feb 2014 13:30

shorts, crocs, and no shirt...has been the weather for me on my off days. Yard work, prepping for a small concrete pad pour on Friday, and enjoyed a day at the lake. My trees are blooming.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 12 Feb 2014 14:48

snow and ice STORM today...but 60's by the weekend...

( I jut hope I don't loose power )

Just
# Posted: 12 Feb 2014 16:21

-27 c or -17 f here last night new record for this date . SPRING WERE !!!! ????;#@

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 12 Feb 2014 21:01

Quoting: Just
27 c or -17 f here last night new record for this date . SPRING WERE !!!! ????;#@

that B very cold,,,brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

neb
# Posted: 12 Feb 2014 21:45

LOL!! TH I bet you didn't have your shorts on that day and the daffodils might have to wait a day or two now. LOL I did hear a lot of people are out of power in that country.

I was a lineman for 25 years and storm jobs like that are no fun. I hope the lights stay on.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 13 Feb 2014 00:49 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

TH I bet you didn't have your shorts on that day and the daffodils might have to wait

you got that right...carhartts and under armor gear for now

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

I was a lineman for 25 years and storm jobs like that are no fun. I hope the lights stay on.

me too.....they have flickered a time or 4.....you retired yet???

neb
# Posted: 13 Feb 2014 19:52

TH not yet still fighting the battle. LOL

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 18 Feb 2014 14:10

saw the first butterflies of SPRING today ( 4 so far) / Robins are in/ songbirds are happy!!!!......and the daffodils should bloom any day~~~these sunny warm days recharge Ya!!!!!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 18 Feb 2014 19:35

Wow, what a nice day, it broke 40. The last time that happened here , Northern MN, it was Nov. 20, 2013.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 05:41

OMG! It's snowing big time here again, maybe a foot or more. Then temps are dropping to below zero again for lows this weekend. We had a couple slightly melting days and now winter is back. It's 4:30 AM and I'm going out to plow. Again.

neb
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 07:55

Owen I have seen where you have been having a hard winter. In my area it has been a cold for a week or so then it warms up. We have had a lot of 30 and 40's degree days. The ground has been bare since late Dec. No snow at all and been very lucky this year. Happy plowing!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 09:30

80 deg here in the deep south yesterday....all the daffodil's are blooming!!!......birds are singing.....blueberries are about ready to bloom......saw my first bee of the season a day or so ago....been out riding in the landcrusier all week with the top off....!!!...........but going to get to 39 deg tonight

naturelover66
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 15:44

Oh boo boo turkeyhunter !!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 15:59

Yeah, really!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 16:14

My 21 year old daughter just posted; She spent over an hour digging out her car, and she wasn't totally sure , it was, her car.

bldginsp
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 16:48

75 degrees, sunny and warm this afternoon in Central California. Used my heater in the truck this morning, AC in the afternoon.

Big storm coming next week, farmers need the water

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 22 Feb 2014 17:22

Today. It's almost March, right?
there's a car in there.
there's a car in there.
my sidewalk
my sidewalk
my neighbors
my neighbors
the kid airplane
the kid airplane

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 23 Feb 2014 06:49

Dang OC.....mud season should be fun

and I will be running a lawn mower in 30 days or LESS

grass is greening up fast!!!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.