Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Brought home a friend
Wilbour
# Posted: 27 Aug 2014 21:27

Unloaded my dry food from the car yesterday and found some had been eaten. I set a trap in the car overnight and today the little critter ate all the peanut butter and left the trap engaged. Tonight I left two traps with cheese and peanut butter.
You laugh but this is the second time I brought home a mouse. Last year I went camping in south Carolina for march break and drove all the way back to Ottawa ontario with a mouse in the car. The first time he runs over your ankle you dismiss it, the second time you know it's a mouse.

My cabin is still a shed and it is infested with field mice so there are plenty around. Just the other weeek I reached into my stove case and pullled out a mommy mouse amd her babies. Did not see that coming.

bldginsp
# Posted: 27 Aug 2014 22:36

Drove down into town 2 summers ago to visit someone. Got back in the truck, turned on the AC first time that day. WHAM WHAM WHAM there was a mouse in the squirrel cage blower. Killed the poor thing right away, but he got his revenge. His blood sprayed all over inside the ducting, and stank for 2 years. Finally seems to be gone.

I use a Havahart and I've caught three since and let them go 3 miles away.

SandyR
# Posted: 28 Aug 2014 19:41

My son rescued a baby chipmunk right out of the cat's mouth and we have had the thing for a year now. His name is Chip, and he loves to eat crickets.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.