Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / what does WATER & LATERALS HAVE TO BE EXTENDED mean?
westotters
# Posted: 3 Dec 2014 19:20

saw that posted on a real estate listing here in Ontario.

can anyone tell me what that means exactly? and if it means that the sewer and water are far away-would it be hard to get a variance to allow for a small tile bed and composting instead of a sewer system?

curious

thanks in advance

Doug

MtnDon
# Posted: 3 Dec 2014 19:30

Ask the listing agent / broker ??

westotters
# Posted: 3 Dec 2014 20:21

yea that's the logical answer, but I did try to call them and got no answer.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 3 Dec 2014 21:10

Its gibberish to confuse you and sound like its nothing really serious. Lingo to downplay the issue.

Another word they like is "pop". Say you find a leaking tub, the salesman will say, "oh, you can just pop in a new tub" to play it down as if its just all held in place with Velcro or something and this makes it sound like a super quick and easy fix when its not at all.

westotters
# Posted: 3 Dec 2014 21:22

thanks, I suspected something like that. Its amazing to me that Canadian society actually tolerates this kind of BS. Its a nice property and perfect for a cabin, what I am understanding from my research on the internet is that the water and sewer are not exactly close. however I might be able to use this to my advantage by using a variance to put in a cheaper tile system and a well

Phillip
# Posted: 4 Jan 2015 22:00 - Edited by: Phillip

It simply means that that the water and sewer lines (laterals) need to be extended to the municipal water supply and municipal sewer line, respectively.

Littlecooner
# Posted: 5 Jan 2015 10:59

Agree with Phillip on the answer. The question becomes -If this is new construction, why have they not already connected the water and sewer? If this is old construction, then you need to do some research on your own if interested, as it appears to be the red flag that no water supply or sewage disposal is available for this listing. Could be that the new owner would do the customary deposits for service with the local utility. Could be the lines are already there at the right of way just waiting for the new owner to initiate a new account with that local utility owner.

westotters
# Posted: 5 Jan 2015 15:59

yea- I contacted the realtor, and he stated that in fact there is no hookups yet. Its a no go. I appreciate everyone's help.

I'll be back...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.