Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Little worried about well pump
yankeesouth
# Posted: 11 Dec 2014 11:17

Okay....I'm a little worried about my well pump. Had the water on at the cabin....everything was running fine well into the evening 9:00-10:00pm. Woke up the next morning only to find no water, frozen lines, pressure gauge on 0. I immediately flipped the breaker turning off the well. Thankfully none of the pipes burst. What I am worried about is my well pump. It is a submersible deep well probably 90+ down. Did I burn it up? Am I worrying for nothing?

bldginsp
# Posted: 11 Dec 2014 12:55

I guess that, since you don't know what happened or when exactly, there is no way to tell. I wonder if putting an amp/volt meter on the wiring can tell you anything about the state of the motor other whether or not it is operating. Other than that, of course, I guess it's just try it and see if it works. If it does, then I'd be wondering if it was damaged and likely to fail prematurely. Need input from an experienced pump installer.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 11 Dec 2014 14:21

I think there is a dump or pressure relieft at the pump, so it would dump it. As for overheating, its setting in nice cool water. I'd thaw it and see. I bet you will be fine.

Just
# Posted: 11 Dec 2014 16:59 - Edited by: Just

you must have a leak some were or were did the pressure go ?Thaw all the lines then try the pump ..IMO YOU WILL FIND YOUR LEAK ..

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.