Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Appreciation and Thanks
Pookie129
# Posted: 21 Jan 2015 04:52

To everyone who posts interesting information, resources, support, encouragement and or advice.

I have learned so much, and continue to do so every day I check into this site. From moon gardens, passive solar, ice sheds to truck recommendations, wood seasoning tips, and construction guidance, the information is limitless and useful.

You are all so generous and kind with helping, sharing and supporting people in their goals and dreams, not only in building cabins, camps, structures, etc, but in building better lives for themselves.

I just wanted to say thank you along the way, as I broaden my own knowledge base and skill sets with help from people on this site and gaining more confidence in my ability to do new things or see things differently or to step outside comfort zones.

I'm not sure that most of the people here even realize just how special, talented, skilled and helpful they are, but the truth is the truth and you are extraordinary individuals.

Thank you,
Shayna

creeky
# Posted: 21 Jan 2015 08:46

I'd like to say the same thing. I too have learned a lot here. And I'm grateful for what I've learned.

I even got one of my favorite expressions from here. "Time to swing hammers" (not to name names, but thanks Owen).

Thx to all.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 21 Jan 2015 11:31

Yep. This site has been an invaluable resource for us as we work on our new property and cabin. Props to all the fine folks here who help us out.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 21 Jan 2015 19:39

The people on this forum are the finest that you will never meet!!

Salty Craig

rmak
# Posted: 21 Jan 2015 20:24

I can't let this topic go by without adding my thanks. I asked a million questions during my cabin rebuild over the last several years. Every question was responded to and everyone tried to help and did. These weren't always easy things to answer. Some were "How do I tear out a wall and not have the whole cabin cave in on me" serious questions. I hope I can contribute just a portion of help to others than I got. Great site. Great people.

SandyR
# Posted: 22 Jan 2015 21:34 - Edited by: SandyR

I agree with you all!

I know that if I ever have a question I can come here and be taken very seriously, no matter how silly it may be.

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 22 Jan 2015 21:44

My thanks to all for the ideas and advice. To bad we can't get together for a BBQ! This is by far the most positive forum on the net.

Wilbour
# Posted: 23 Jan 2015 08:13

My cabin is better built now thanks to the forum. Now if I can only keep my outhouse from blowing over (seriously - that's twice now and it's frozen in the ground. This year I will bolt it too a deck).

We may be from different backgrounds with varying ideas on lifestyle but we all agree that building it for yourself is the way to go.

Pookie129
# Posted: 23 Jan 2015 17:16

OL you are absolutely right - by far the most positive, informational and uplifting site around.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.