Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Spring Preparations - Non Construction
Pookie129
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 06:35 - Edited by: Pookie129

Anyone care to share their Spring Prep tips - right now my city basement is askew with bins, bins and more bins as the stockpiling of "things" over the winter months to take to camp grew.

So my system is multiple bins in the basement, that I fill with necessities over the colder months (candles, batteries, new gadgets, blankets, whatever) so that when Spring hits, I just load them up and go.

I jump on end of season sales, out of season sales and early bird spring sales - or the freebies and recycled things that appear or get offered that might be useful up north (a friends old but still almost new tablet, that I can repurpose into something useful at camp).

I am working on a more organized storage and supply utilization system...but outside of that, I am in squirrel mode, gather my nuts up and getting prepared...

Anyone else putting their cabin fever to good use?

the food stockpiling thread was very helpful and in keeping with getting prepped for the official opening of camp

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 06:56

a bag of ice, 2 ribeyes...and 2 taters...that's what I usually take to camp everything else in down there.

Pookie129
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 10:09

I like your system way better

Pookie129
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 10:10

PS - what is the ice for?

creeky
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 10:16

let me guess. it has something to do with wildturkey

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 12:40

Quoting: Pookie129
PS - what is the ice for

hmmmm for mixing a Moscow mule of course......and adding to a glass of sweet tea

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 16:08

I have two large bins that I take to the cabin with me every time I go. When I pick something up at home I want to take to the cabin I throw it in those bins so I remember to take it with me. I also keep an eye out for sales for stuff for the cabin and grab items up when I can. I brought my generator home last trip and had it serviced so it's good to go for the summer! My cabin fever always has my mind spinning about things for the cabin. I drive my wife nuts. Haha

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 16:47

We hit the Spring Cottage show on the weekend and looked at a bunch of amazing stuff we can't afford but lots of good info and ideas were gleaned from what we saw

Also putting the finishing touches on our DIY pvc shower stall, squirreling away batteries and canned food and plan to spend a lot of quality time in the garage getting my tools and gadgets ready to go.

Pookie129
# Posted: 31 Mar 2015 16:47

Quoting: skootamattaschmidty
I have two large bins that I take to the cabin with me every time I go. When I pick something up at home I want to take to the cabin I throw it in those bins so I remember to take it with me. I also keep an eye out for sales for stuff for the cabin and grab items up when I can. I brought my generator home last trip and had it serviced so it's good to go for the summer! My cabin fever always has my mind spinning about things for the cabin. I drive my wife nuts. Haha

Sounds like we have a similar set up - generator and chainsaws are tuned up and ready to go....and in their own separate bins waiting for the trip back up North

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.