Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Boot Hanger Ideas?
FishHog
# Posted: 6 Apr 2015 11:13

my old place had open roof trusses that we could get boots onto to dry them out overnight. New place does not.
I'm looking for ideas/picture of ideas to get the hunting boots up to dry out overnight.
Rustic cabin, so hopefully something that blends in.

anybody got any suggestions?

pizzadude
# Posted: 6 Apr 2015 12:22

I made a flat rack(1'x3') that is mounted above my woodstove. Its purpose is to dry gloves and hats and whatnot. I bet if a guy jig-sawed a boot holder design, warm dry feet would become a norm in the mornings,, in the cooler months anyways. Good luck

1300_stainless
# Posted: 16 Apr 2015 08:30

I'm thinking of making a gear (hats, boots, gloves) drying rack by drilling holes in a plank and inserting various diameters of PVC pipe in short lengths. Then just mount it somewhere above the heating stove so warm air can rise through the PVC. Put your boots, gloves, etc over the pipe and there you go.

FishHog
# Posted: 16 Apr 2015 15:35

good idea, but Mrs Fishie says it won't be very attractive. I might just make something that I can put up during deer season (when she isn't there), and remove after.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.