027.JPG
027.JPG
029.JPG
029.JPG

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Sep 2015 11:32 - Edited by: Gary O

Mice control?

Seems to not be a problem here.

They control the kitchen, my den, the breakfast nook, and now the boudoir.

We have two kinds;
The ones that, once they see you, flit back to their hole.
I call them 'the ghost and the darkness' as they're so lightning fast it's a question whether or not yer seeing things.
The other, more brazen, just stroll thru, stop, look at you like 'oh don't get up, I'm just going after a midnight snack' and skitter about their merry way.
They are quite amicable, as I've noticed they are leaving more and more unpolished rice on the counter of a morning.

We've had around 137 kills since we moved here in late April.
Funny, when we trapped the first two or three, we said 'well, that should be the last of them'.....
Silly silly humans.

I'd have gone the walk the plank, bucket of death by drowning route but these guys'd prolly do the back stroke until the water evaporated, and these little black plastic traps seem to do the trick just fine.
I think they're called 'TomCat'

There's been full body executions, crushed esophagus chokings, aaand my all-time favorite; gotcher nose you little beady eyed bastard.

I did, however, observe one stroll in, stick its head in the trap, look around at the mechanics, then grab the bait, and go home. I call him MiceDon, as he seems well versed on even the better built traps.

Anyone have any good mouse recipes?

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Sep 2015 16:37

http://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/
http://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/hps/transmission.html

I've been to Biowarfare labs that had all the nastys; Ebola, Smallpox, Anthrax, Marburg, Yellow Fever, etc. Hanta Virus is spread by mice and can kill. You may remember several years ago an area in the southwest had a breakout - several people died.

"We've had around 137 kills since we moved here in late April." That is an average of 34 per month. You might want to consider calling the county health dept. and let them know. That population may be abnormal.

Do not sweep, use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. Clean floors with Sudsy Ammonia, diluted Bleach, etc.

There has to be a significant food source like a grain farm somewhere to support that size of population.

Be Careful.

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Sep 2015 21:34

Quoting: DaveBell
Clean floors with Sudsy Ammonia, diluted Bleach, etc.

we do this

I may have exaggerated a wee bit, but we've avg'd a kill at least every other day, and we've been here over 100 days.
We're aware of the potential health hazards, and you are so right.
I did look up reported cases of Hantavirus in our area.
Seems the last one was 2010, and only one.
Time before that was '96.
But that's just the ones that were reported....

Thanks, Dave

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.