Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / No say it ain't so.
rayyy
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 08:48

I had to turn the heat on for a few minutes this morning.

creeky
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 09:34

ditto. heater pilot light is on in the chalet. had a little burn in the woodstove this morning in the studio. it was 2 or 35 out this morning. nice cold breeze to go with that.

upndown
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 10:05

Brrrrrr.......

littlesalmon4
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 11:56

snowing here in Whitehorse Yukon right now. Heat has been on in the house for almost a month already.

hattie
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 13:00

We've been using our baseboard heaters for a couple of weeks now. The days are quite warm but nights are really cold. We'll be putting shrink plastic on our windows pretty soon and rolling towels to put under the doors and along the window ledges. Anything to save a bit on electricity costs.

upndown
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 15:36

Supposed to be a balmy 73 tonight at home haha. Been a long hot dry summer! Thank God I can hide at the cabin.

NorthRick
# Posted: 1 Oct 2015 22:47

21F at our cabin in the morning a couple weekends back. Snow this week up there, although we haven't been up in the past 2 weeks.

FishSeeker
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 15:00

I'm in the Pacific NW and had to get a small one going in the woodstove last weekend just to take the chill off in the morning. Was around 45 but we're still getting 70-75 during the day. Hate to see the summer go.

bobrok
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 15:53 - Edited by: bobrok

Freeze warnings for the Adirondacks in NY tonight.

I'm already focusing on leaving for Florida before it gets too late in the year.

Somewhere on the radio this week I actually heard the word "catastrophic" used to describe this winter in the Northeast US.

Yikes!

upndown
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 16:12

Let's just hope that's a weather person doing what they do best..Be wrong!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 16:50

We are heading up this weekend and fully expect to be firing up the woodstove. No insulation = no choice lol

bldginsp
# Posted: 2 Oct 2015 17:30

80 degrees and balmy here in sunny California. That should change in a hurry.

Gary O
# Posted: 3 Oct 2015 09:12

21F here this morning

'F' is right

luvin' the wood stove

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.