Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / I got to laugh.
rayyy
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 07:10

I've been sitting here reminiscing over the last five years of my life's adventure.Thinking back when I first walked over this land contemplating the possibilities.Should the cabin go here,should the cabin go there?The barn design and lay out.Fence lines,Chicken coop,interier design,color schemes,driveway location.Now I am still tweeking things to make them work better.It's an ongoing process.I still can see the look in my co-worker's eyes when I first started this place.(3 eye ball's on my forehead look)~~~your crazy Ray~~~but now they love coming out here to help me on any project I have going.So crazy?maybe but I'm loving it!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 08:56

Ray, its one of those deals, its always fine tuning. And if you had to do it over with everything you know now, probably a lot less tuning next go around. But that is all part of life's experience. With age comes wisdom. Now we know how one acquires this wisdom.

Its so much fun. This has always been a life long dream of mine, going back well before I could afford it. I never really thought it would happen. Life has been good, career has been good, wifes career has been good, made it all a reality.

If I had a chance to do my life over, I wouldn't change a thing. I love my family, my life and my place. The combination of it all is heaven on earth to me.

Glad you are loving it as much as the rest of us.

Borrego
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 11:06

Quoting: rayyy
I still can see the look in my co-worker's eyes when I first started this place.(3 eye ball's on my forehead look)

Haha, me too....actually I still get that look from those that 'don't understand' Just got back from a weekend at the cabin and more work (play for me).. I too remember the first trip to the site and the decisions about where to put the cabin - (I'm glad I didn't put it up the mountain where I wanted for more view...I would still be hauling lumber up the hill)

Lots of 'crazy' folks like us on this site....surprised the NSA/CIA/FBI hasn't come visiting.....

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 11:18

My SIL has finally "got it". Visited us twice this summer. I suppose it's because in her opinion our off grid cabin finally looks more like a home.

Still there are people that jokingly ask us if we plan on "living off the land" as if there is something wrong with that.

hattie
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 17:38

I'm glad you are so happy rayyy! There is something very satisfying when you design it all yourself and make is just perfect for you!!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 18:01

Good for you Rayyy... Life is an adventure you are living. Congratulations.
Lisa

Gary O
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 22:10

Quoting: rayyy
I've been sitting here reminiscing over the last five years of my life's adventure

That's a fine sit.
Good on you, rayyy

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.