Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / GPS Coordinates and Helicopter landing in an emergency
Cisco
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 09:43

My cabin is about 2 hours from anywhere with medical care. My wife and I pay $50 annually for Med Flight insurance.

I'm considering scouting out the neighbors fields around my cabin and getting the GPS coordinates so in the event of an emergency I can give them to 911 and have them send the chopper.

Anyone else done this? Or see a problem?

hattie
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 17:44

Our small town is thinking of making a landing pad. Nothing is done yet though. A couple of years ago a copter had to land to pick up an injured quadder. It was pretty dicey for the pilot so I'm sure they would appreciate a proper landing pad.

If you are that remote you should make sure you have an excellent first aid kit and defibrillator. If you ever need to use them (we did) you will be very glad you spent the money!!! If someone goes into cardiac arrest you have only minutes to save them. A Med Flight wouldn't be much good to save a life - that will be up to you.

Your idea to get the GPS coordinates for 911 is an excellent one!!!! I can't see any downside to doing this.

DaveBell
# Posted: 19 Oct 2015 18:12

My wife's 10 mile air medivac ride cost $24,000. With insurance she paid $400.00

$50.00 a year is good planning.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.