Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / A question about navigating this site
Donkeydave
# Posted: 20 Nov 2015 12:41

Something that seems very important to me is to know a little about the other participants here. It seems critical to me to have some idea of the location of the issues being discussed. And sometimes it would help to know something about the background and/or interests of the other people.

Is this information available? How do I find it? Thanks!

MtnDon
# Posted: 20 Nov 2015 14:21

limited info in everyone's member profile, plus whatever anyone posts

Salty Craig
# Posted: 20 Nov 2015 23:17

Donkeydave
A few of us have shared a picture of ourselves.

Donkeydave
# Posted: 21 Nov 2015 11:09

Quoting: MtnDon
limited info in everyone's member profile

So how do I find the member profiles???

Steve_S
# Posted: 21 Nov 2015 11:45

Click on the "member" under the name and that will bring up their profile. Most of us are ambiguous about our locations. No one wants to advertise what they got and how infrequently they are there... Unlike some derwoodians who post about all their goodies, toys & stuff on FB and then post how they'll be gone for 2 weeks holidays in some far off land...

bobrok
# Posted: 21 Nov 2015 13:15

This conversation came up a couple of years ago, too. I had once posted an idea of having some kind of pin map where we could mark at least a general region or a part of a state or province without giving away too much information if we chose not to.

I'm an old map guy and I'd enjoy seeing this just for the pure fun of it, but it could be a useful tool if the conversation were about, say, climate and weatherization, proximity to (insert your need here), local codes and customs, etc.

Donkeydave
# Posted: 21 Nov 2015 20:02

Well for what it's worth, we live in Arizona between Phoenix and Tucson. 110 f. isn't unusual. So we bought some land in west central New Mexico at 7200' and plan to build a cabin next spring as a summer retreat. I'm retired and her work is spotty. We have three donkeys and five dogs who will be up there with us.

MtnDon
# Posted: 21 Nov 2015 21:21

It's no real secret... we are in northern NM, 8800 feet in one place, 5500 feet at the other. Enough snow at 8800 feet to still cover the ground with a few inches after a week of sun. Hi 41 F this afternoon, low might drop to 20 F.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.